CHAPTER 44

"You never fail to amaze me, Ms. Sandoval..." nakangiting bungad ni Ms. Ocampo nang makausap ako ng opisina nya.

I quickly sat on the vacant chair across her table and looked at her. "Po?"

Hindi parin nawawala ang ngiti nya. "I saw the video. It was inevitable because it's now circulating on different social media platforms. Students from Monarch were giving their opinions about the rule along with your video."

I gasped. Kaagad akong umiling. "Ma'am... I’m sorry. I was... I was too impulsive at that time that I didn't know what I was doing. I apologize for what I have said on the video—

"But, it's the truth, right?" pagpuputol nya sa sinasabi ko. "What you said on the video is what you truly feel? And you're just apologizing now because it's now going viral and that you have no plan of telling us about that?"

I bit my lip so hard that it almost bled. "I was too hurt... I admit it. And scared. Maybe that's why I did that. I was too clouded of my own selfishness, but I know... I know that the rule is not just a rule. You instilled that on the pamphlet because you care for every student. I truly understand why there are rules like that. I’m apologizing because I shouldn't have said those things and made it seem like you're at fault by creating that rule. It's not... like that. I just want you to know that..."

"What you truly feel about the rule?" she raised a brow before putting her intertwined hands on the table. "Tell me, Ms. Sandoval, what made you break the rule?"

I pressed my lips together and sighed. "I didn't intentionally break the rule. It just happens. Just like love. You lost track of time and reasons, and before you know it, you already fell. Cal and I...  We were always teasing each other, ma'am. I never imagine liking him, and I know the rule. It's never gonna happen to me. But life has its twists and... I didn't have the chance to prepare."

There is no excuse from what I did, and I’m not planning to cleanse my name over the issue. I’m willing to tell the truth that I’m in a relationship with Cal despite the consequences. I prepared myself for this...

"I did tell you that because of that... you'll be removed from your position, right?"

Tumango ako. "I know that, and I’m gladly accepting whatever your decision is, but I’m not sorry for breaking the rule. Cal is the best thing that happened to me, and I’ll never regret that."

"Very well, Ms. Sandoval," umayos sya ng upo. Amusement danced on her face before giving me a sincere smile. "I’ll announce to everyone that you're no longer a princess the moment the boards signed your withdrawal," she said with a serious tone. "You can go."

I nodded and bowed my head a little before standing up. "Thank you, Ms. Ocampo," I was about to open her office's door when she spoke.

"And, Ms. Sandoval?"

"Po?"

Nilingon ko sya. Kakaiba ang ngiting ipinapakita nya ngayon sa akin kaya nagtaka ako.

"You've made the right decision."

Nang makalabas ako nang opisina ni Ms. Ocampo, a lot of students were looking at me. I was used to this kind of attention, but the reason why I’m getting this is bothering me. Who knows what they were thinking in their head? They're probably mocking me for my stupid move.

When I reached HOS, the moment I opened the door ay kaagad silang napatayo. Si Hurricane ang unang yumakap sa akin.

"Maerinne!"

"B-Bakit?"

Nagulat ako sa reaksyon nila. Plano ko pa naman sana na 'wag munang pumasok ngayon pero naaalala ko ang practice at gusto ko paring makasali doon. Sana hindi ako maalis dahil wala na ako sa sovereigns.