CHAPTER 49

I pursed my lips. Kuya Primus has been with me when I felt like I was alone. He knows me better than anyone else, and I know he only wants what's the best for me. Pero bakit kailangang iwasan si Pip? Is there something wrong with him?

"Priscilla? Priscilla! Why are you cutting your wrist?! It's bleeding!"

I ran inside Priscilla's room when I saw her cutting her skin. I gasped when I peered down on her wounds. It's bleeding continuously.

"Ayokong magpakasal! Ayokong ikasal! I have a boyfriend, Priscillane! Hindi ko sya kayang iwan!" sigaw nya habang sinusuntok ang kama. There's a bloodstain on the bedsheet kaya lalo akong kinabahan.

"I know! I know! Please calm down!" I said, trying to console her. Hinawakan ko sya sa balikat saka inaalo.

"Please... Please... Convince mom and dad... ayokong ikasal... I love Pharaoh so much! I love him!"

Tumango-tango ako at pinahid ang mga luha nya. "Okay... I'll try my best. Please, give me the cutter, Priscilla! It will not help you!"

When she's calm and her sobs subsided, kinuha ko mula sa kamay nya ang cutter at tinapon ito kung saan. I fixed her hair that's covering her wet face, and joined her to bed.

"Priscillane, you love me, right?"

Bigla syang nagsalita. I looked at her. She was really devastated after our parents told her she's marrying someone. Kung ako 'yun, baka ganito rin ang reaksyon ko, pero hindi naman aabot sa pananakit sa sarili. But Priscilla's always like this... impulsive and wild.

I nodded and smiled. "Oo naman. We're sisters, diba?"

Lalo itong ngumiti sa sinabi ko. I'm thankful she's calm now. Sinundan ko kaagad sya dito nang mag-walkout ito pagkatapos sabihin iyon ng parents namin. I know her so much.

"You'll do anything for me?"

"Of course!" I nodded drastically.

Priscilla and I were bestfriends. Magkasama kami sa lahat ng kalokohan. While I was sticking to the rules, she's there, breaking them one by one. But at the end of the day, sya parin ang pinapansin nila mommy at daddy... And I couldn't blame them... I was made out of sin. Who would like someone like me? Even Mom, who carried me for nine months, doesn't seem to care about me. Her affection was solely for Priscilla at Primus, kahit hindi nya naman iyon mga anak.

"I will leave this house... Can you come with me?"

I looked at Priscilla skeptically. I'm still contemplating if I heard her right.

"H-Huh?"

Bumaba sya ng kama at kinuha ang isang bag sa kanyang closet. She placed it on the bed and looked at me.

"I already fixed my clothes. You fix yours, let's leave this house..."

I gasped. "L-Leave? But, Priscilla-

"You said you love me, right? We're sisters! Kung hindi tayo aalis dito, ikaw na ang susunod na ikakasal! They will arrange you into a marriage!"

"But that's our parents, Priscilla! Mag-aalala sila!"

I know how much they love and treasure Priscilla! Mag-aalala sila kapag umalis sya sa bahay.

"Do you think so? Pwes ako, hindi! All this time, naging sunod-sunuran ako sa gusto nila! Ni hindi ko nga kayang panindigan ang desisyon ko! They treat me like I'm lack of discipline! Kahit nga boyfriend ko, hindi nila tanggap! I'm not happy with this life, Priscillane! Kung ayaw mong sumama sa 'kin, bahala ka! Sa pamilyang 'to, ako lang ang kakampi mo. Mom and Dad hate you because you're the result of your father's immorality! Wala nang tatanggap sa 'yo dito sa oras na umalis ako!"