Not always easy

Flashback
"Patients BP is dropping, oxygen level as well. Vitals are unstable." Jeongyeon said.

*Beep beep beep*

"Doc it's very unstable. The heart rate is dropping. We have to use the defibrillators." The first assistant said.

The nurse then bought the machine, applied some gel and gave it to Chaeyoung.

"Ok 100 joules. 1, 2, 3, pass." Chaeyoung said.

The patients got the shock but nothing happened.

"One more. 1, 2, 3, pass." Still nothing.

"Increase to 200 joules. 1, 2, 3 pass." Then there was a straight line on the monitor. The only sound we're the one being produced by the machine in a straight line and the heavy breathing of the doctors.

"Time of death 2:58pm. Cause of death heart failure during surgery." The nurse said.

All the doctors stepped away from the operation table. They then went outside and cleaned themselves up. Some of the doctors took the dead body to another room.

When Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon had come out of the surgery the family of the boy was there. Hoping to see their child.

"Doctor, where is he? Can we see him now?" The mother asked.

"I am sorry to inform you this but your son didn't make it." Chaeyoung informed.

"Wh-What? Are you l-lying? I-I know he told you to p-prank me right doc?"

Everyone was quite. The family had tears in their eyes. The mom was crying but still talking to Chaeyoung. She was still hopeful.

"Doc please tell him not to prank me like this. Tell me where he is." Now she started crying.

"I am sorry Mrs. Li. We couldn't save him." Jeongyeon said.

"Ani, ani, ani this is not true. I know he is there. Ok-please call him."

"We are sorry for your loss." Chaeyoung said trying to help the mother who was now crying her eyes out and leaning into her husband.

"No. Don't touch me. You killed my son. You are his murderer."

"We are really sorry. Joesonghamnida." Chaeyoung said.

The mother then stood up and grabbed Chaeyoung's collor. "Bring back my son right now."

The husband and other family members tried to clam down the mother but she wouldn't budge. "He was only 18. He still had all his life to live. He would always tell me 'eomma, when I start earning I will buy you a new house, take you for vacation with dad.' He had a dream to marry his girlfriend, to have children. To live a happy life. He had a dream. A dream which will never become a reality because of YOU." She pointed the finger to Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon.

Finally she let go of Chaeyoung and fell on her husbands arms. "I lost my child today. I will never forgive you for taking my child away from me. Never. I feel empty. But you will never understand this." The mother started crying again.

Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon just stood there. Their heart sunk. They were trying their best not to cry. The already have a lump forming in their throat. They tried their best yet they failed. They couldn't handle the moms cries for her baby. The father then came up to them.

"I sincerely like to apologize for my wife's behavior. Please understand that we have just lost our child. I know you doctors tried your best. Can we know where he is so we can say our final goodbyes."

"Sure. He is in room 503. Sorry for your loss."

"Khamsahamnida for your efforts and Joesonghamnida. For earlier. We will take our leave." They bowed to each other. The family then went to the boy to see him for the last time.

Present time

"So you see, it's not always been the best for us. But we still didn't give up. Because we know there are a lot more patients that we have to cure." Chaeyoung said as she finished telling the guy.

"This is not only the case. But we never give up." Jeongyeon added.

"I guess you are right. I have my family to take care of. I don't know what they would do without me. Khamsahamnida. For saving me. I will forever be grateful."

"No need to thank us. We are only doing our job. But please promise that you will never do this again."

"Ya I promise."

"Ok let's go. You still have to do some tests."

They all then walked back to the ward.