Understand

"Mama.....it's...uh....it's not a guy. It's a girl." After she said this there was silence. No one dared to speak. Mina's mom was furious so was her dad but he still stayed calm. He tried to understand her while her mom couldn't take it anymore.

"What?!? How can you? It's a sin. You can't be in a same-sex relationship. It's against nature. We can not accept this."

"Mom, Loving is not a sin."

"Yes love is not a sin.....but loving the same gender is. We can not accept this."

"That's not true. Love is love and I am proud to love someone who is such a caring person. Who nearly lost her life for me, who accepted me for who I am. Love doesn't see gender."

"Honey say something. We send her to Korea to become an idol and here she is dating girls." her mom said to her dad.

"Mina, it's a sin yes..... but we will try to understand you. This is new for us. We weren't raised up to be open-minded therefore we are like this. In our days, this was a crime.... i's still not accepted in our society but we will try to understand you." her dad gave her a smile.

"Arigato Papa."

"Honey, what are you saying?" Mina's mom retaliated.

"Look at this from her point of view. She is burdened by hiding this. Look at her after she came out, the relief she felt. I don't want our daughter to be left out. I don't want her to think that her parents gave up on her. I want her to live her life and not be trapped in a prison." her dad said.

"But it's a sin."

"Where does it say it's a sin. God never said love is a sin. It is us who made that up. It is the society we live in."

"Yes but...."

"What's important? What society thinks or our daughter."

"Fine. Mina I am against this but I'll try to accept it. Who is the girl?" Her mom asked.

"It's Chaeyoung."

"I knew something was going on between the two of you. I told you to stay away from her didn't I? Now look what she made you into."

"Mom it's not her fault. It's no one's fault. In fact it's not even a fault. Its just who i am."

"Why even her?"

"Mom she takes care of me, loves me. What else do I need."

"Fine I wanna meet her."

"She is here. I'll call her." Mina then proceeded to call Chaeyoung. When the latter came she could sense the uneasiness in the atmosphere. She could 9nly bow and stand until Mr. Myoui told her to sit.

"So Chaeyoung, you were the one who stole my daughters heart?" Mr. Myoui asked smiling trying to ease the tense situation.

"Uh I guess."

"Chaeyoung ssi, you do know I don't accept this right. But I m trying to understand it for the sake of Mina."

"Yes Mam I understand."

☆ ------------------------------------------------- ☆

We have this festival in my country today. While all the family are gathering, I am being anti social and writing this story 😂

Introvert alert ⚠️ lol