Rosco_Leroy - nominated for best Undiscovered Gems - Thriller

*In the distance the sound of sirens blare. Tires squeal and cars race. The crowd looks around anxiously worried what might happen next. There is a high-powered engine reev and suddenly over the top of the news van a magenta charger flies through the air. Betty gets a great action shot of the underside of the car as it arched over Ana, Sally and his self. With a crash the car lands facing the wrong way down the carpet.

Kicking at the broken door open a man dressed in jeans and a T-shirt gets out and walks around to the opposite side: See babe I told I knew a short cut. *He goes to open the passenger door but it comes away in his hand.*

Rosco_Leroy: Some short cut.

*The sound of sirens wiz past, fading into the distance.*

Man: It got the cops off our backs didn’t it?

Rosco_Leroy: If you hadn’t drove though that red light they wouldn’t have followed us.

Man: If it didn’t take you ten hours to get ready we wouldn’t have had to go through the light. And that still wasn’t enough time!

Rosco_Leroy: I can’tbelieve you would say something like that on my special night!

Man: Some special night, you’re not even –

*Pulling a silver whistle from her cleavage Ana calls a time out*

Ana: Rosco_Leroy do you want to pay your driver so we can get on with this?

Rosco_Leroy: He’s not my driver he’s my husband. Though if he keeps going the way he is, he’ll soon be my couch warmer.

The husband opens he mouth but Ana blows her whistle drowning him out: Go move the car. It’s leaking oil on my nice clean carpet.

*Grumbling the man moves off.*

Ana: Right before we start I’ve got to ask, pajamas? Is there a new fashion trend I don’t know about.

Rosco_Leroy looks down at her red polar fleece pajamas decorated with the snowflakesHe only gave me nine hours to get ready not the promised ten. Besides they make me feel sexy.

Ana looks unconvinced: Whatever floats your boat. Well your story ‘The Fisherman's Niece’ has been nominated for best Undiscovered Gems for Thriller. How did you react to the news?

Rosco_Leroy: I squeaked in excitement and called and/or facebooked everyone I thought might care.

Ana: Your loving husband too no doubt. What’s your story about?

Rosco_Leroy:  This is my first novel length story. My main character Meriel Murphy was brought up by a very strange, sometimes frightening mother. Now that her mother is gone, she's trying to find herself, but will she be able to handle the truth? It's a mystery, suspense and horror combo that I hope will make for a thrilling read with an ending that you might not have expected.

Ana: Good combo. What is your favorite genre to write?

Rosco_Leroy: Anything scary, thrillers, ghost stories, classic horror (think Hitchcock)

Ana: So you’re a fan than? Wanna tell us a bit more about yourself?

Rosco_Leroy:  I am a mother of two perfectly brilliant little angels, wife to the sweetest raving lunatic I've ever met and really fun at parties. No that's a lie, I don't get out much, working three part-time jobs and raising a family while trying to find my identity as a writer is more than enough for the time being. I mother, I love, I write and I try to keep my sanity. I'd say three outta four ain't bad. :)

Hubby returns: Are you done yet? I heard a rumor they had pickled ostrich eggs inside.

Ana: One last question and I’m done but first eew. However great lead in: what’s the most disgusting thing you have ever eaten or drank?

Rosco_Leroy: I had the misfortune of eating a big fat fly once. It was the first time I rode my bike by myself without my dad holding on. I opened my mouth to yell for him to watch me and the horror flew straight in. I don't think I really ate it so much as it committed suicide by crawling into my stomach.

Ana: Double eew. Well I think I hear the sirens returning so you had better get back inside before the cops show up.

Rosco_Leroy:  Thanks bye.

Ana: Bye-bye now. If you want to check out Rosco_Leroy’s story

 “The Fisherman's Niece click on the external link on the right of the screen or you can click on the dedication picture above. Give it a read so you know your favorites come Awards voting time.