Lacoco - nominated for best On the rise - Science fiction

*Ana stares puzzled as the next writer approaches. Dressed in dark a purple jumper so large that leg wholes have had to be cut in the chest section just so she could walk, lacoco walks up the carpet. By her side walk a man in orange and red camouflage suit. *

Ana gives a small wave: Hi lacoco. Who’s you date?

Lacoco waves back, the movement ripples down her long sleeves: Ray Dorset. He’s from my story ‘The Prodigy Project’ that’s in the finals of the Watty awards.

Ana: Nice. Its been nominated for best On the rise, Science fiction. Right? Tell us a bit about your story

lacoco: When earth and its people are potentially at risk, Nadia does all she’s ever known – defend it. Lies are spread, cover up’s are told, mysterious things develop, what’s really going on? When Nadia Symons receives a letter on her 16th birthday, she doesn’t expect much more than a letter from her grandma explaining how she couldn’t make it and how she couldn’t afford a gift. It turns out to be much more serious. Ever believed in super heroes? Nadia didn’t. That is until, she became reality’s equivalent to one, along with 240 more unfortunate others. Put together, a division between good and bad form, a battle and potential war develops. This is the T.P.P – the prodigy project. “You are all the best in your category; you specialize in it in every way possible, with a little unfair advantage of mutation and modern development. You are all the prodigies.”

The athletics, the genius/savant’s, the shape shifters, mind controlling, elemental control, and best of all, the ultimatum.

Ana: Sounds great. How did you react when you got the news you made it to the next round?

lacoco: I was happy for the next few days, which was a miracle considering I'm always pretty down :P

Ana: Really? Tell us about your self.

lacoco: 14 years old, Scottish, hates long walks on beaches and if you buy me flowers, be prepared to be puked on. I like to think I'm a little... different.

Ana: Are you allergic? I’m allergic to crab so when I eat that I tend to pay homage to the porcelain God. Or maybe I just don’t like the taste.

*Lacoco takes a step back confused by Ana’s mental tangent.  Seconds later a bright red fire ball whizzes through where her head had been, slamming into one of the giant W topiary trees instead. The tree explodes into flames.*

Ana runs for cover screaming:  Who’s that?

lacoco: Mr. Davidson - a evil dude from my novel

Ana ducks behind Sally, using her as a human shield : What? He’s pissed you chose Ray as your date instead of him?

lacoco pulls Ray down crouching beside Ana: He’s evil. Since when do evil people need a reason?

*A group of Security Guards lift up the edges of the carpet and dive underneath.*

Ana: I’ve got two very important questions. The first is: If you can have one super power what would it be? The second and possible more important. Do you have any on you right now?

*Two more fireballs explode above their heads. In quick succession The crowd screams, jumping to the ground.*

lacoco: That’s a good questions, considering my novel revolves around things of that sort... a cool power would be a ultimatum - a power created by me and is involved in my story - it involves being able to control elements, being insanely strong & smart, can control peoples minds, and shape shift. It’s the ultimate power :P

Ana: And do you have it with you right now?

lacoco: No, I must have left it in my other pair of skinny Jeans.

*The next fireball explodes just inches away. Ana screams as the radiant heat singeing the hair on her arm. *

Ana runs a quick once over: Hair, fine. Nails, fine. Shoes, fine. Dress…

*The edges of the whole still glowed from the center of Ana’s skirt.*

Ana screech was deafening: This was a Zuhair Murad original knock off!! *Avoiding the balls thrown at her Ana marches up and grabs Davidson by the ear, twisting it.* Do you know how hard it is to find a decent knock off in this city? Do you? *Davidson whimpers.* I didn’t think so. Your just luck I have a spare wardrobe change.

Ana begins to walk towards the trailer, dragging the begging Davidson behind her when she passes lacoco:  One last question before I go. What is your favorite genre to write?

lacoco  gets up slowly: Science fiction, for sure. It’s hard to explain why. It’s more so to do with the fact I'm confused but so interested in the subject of science and how things work in the world. Why does this happen, why does that? It all confuses me and the idea of being able to control a small part of that in a product of my imagination - my story - makes it fun for me to write. Sorry if that was confusing :P

Ana: Not nearly as confusing as trying to explain to my producers why they need to refund me the cost of my dress. Look you had better be getting along. Do you want to take this with you? *Ana points to the cringing Davidson. *

Lacoco shrugs taking the villain by his other ear: I guess. Bye.

Ana: Well folks. While I’m in the dressing room changing remember to check out lacoco story ‘The Prodigy Project click on the external link on the right of the screen or you can click on the dedication picture above. Give it a read so you know your favorites come Awards voting time.