TheGreatDance - nominated for best undiscovered gems - Science-fiction

Betty: so the favourite with four to one odds is-

*Against the crowd fencing Ana, Betty and four of the security guards huddle taking bets. *

Sally: We’re back on air and TheGreatDance is coming!

*Looking up guiltily the group separates.  One man in the crowd yells out.

 Doubling back Ana grabs his fist full of money, stuffing it down her top.

Sally stands cross armed and frowning as Ana gets back into position.*

Ana pokes her tongue out at the intern before turning to TheGreatDance:  Good evening Dancing girl, love the foot wear.

*TheGreatDance smiles giving an impromptu twirl displaying the lacey back of her dark bluish purple top. Her super high electric blue heels standing out against her black skinny jeans.*

TheGreatDance: I’m glad you like, Ana. Shiloh Fernandez here has promised to carry me if my feet start to hurt.

*Shiloh Fernandez, TheGreatDance date, smiles giving a tight wave.*

Ana: You feet are starting to hurt right now, aren’t they Dance.

TheGreatDance: No I’m good.

Ana starts nodding slowly: Your feet are starting to hurt… Right…Now…Aren’t they TheGreatDance?

TheGreatDance: Oh, you’re right. Shiloh my feet are starting to hurt.

*Laughing Shiloh scoops her up to cradle her in his arms.*

TheGreatDance swings her heels happily: Ah, that’s better.

Ana: Of coarse it is. Now TheGreatDance your story ‘Rules Were Made to be Broken’ has been nominated for best undiscovered gem in Science fiction. How did you react when you found out?

TheGreatDance: I screamed and told everyone and then stared at the screen for a while. :)

Ana smiles: What’s your story about?

TheGreatDance: It's set in the future, after a huge war, the main character, Eva, was originally taken prisoner as a slave...and at the beginning of the book she is rescued. You'll have to read to find out more I suppose. :)

Ana: I guess we will. Tell us about yourself.

TheGreatDance: Tell me a little about your self: I'm a teenage girl, living in New Zealand. I've been writing since I was about six - but only really random stuff. This is my first completed novel. :)

Ana: That’s always a momentous achievement. How you holding up there Shiloh?

Shiloh: I’m good.

Ana: Books or TV, which do you, prefer?

For the crowd someone screams: Ice cream! Get you Ice cream here! Ice cream!

TheGreatDance: I want.

Shiloh starts to put TheGreatDance down but she objects:  I want to pick the flavor.

*Shrugging Shiloh walks over to the ice cream seller and buys TheGreatDance an ice cream cone. Licking it happily they return to Ana.*

TheGreatDance: Here we got this for you. Were where we?

Ana takes a lick of the choc chip cone:  Books or TV?

TheGreatDance: Books, definitely. You can't just carry a TV around that would be ridiculous! :)

Ana: especially when holding an ice cream. Superpowers if you could which one would you want?

TheGreatDance: I would love to be able to fly...I just think it would be so amazing to just be able to fly everywhere. :)

Ana: Totally amazing. It looks like Shiloh is stating to sweat so I had better let you both go.

Shiloh: Thank you.

*Shiloh, still carrying TheGreatDance, continues up the carpet.*

Ana: So that lucky lady was TheGreatDance, if you want to check out her story ‘Rules Were Made to be Broken’ click on the external link on the right of the screen or you can click on the dedication picture above. Give it a read so you know your favorites come Awards voting time.