Chapter 16: A Little Help Would Be Nice (1)

[Author's Note: So um... I present to you FishyCat's fanart of Sinnimon! Please go check them out, I think they draw really well! Sorry, I don't really know how to express how much I love this picture, like look at how cute Sinni is drawn, how fluffy they drew him and the horns... just wow! I mean seriously! Everything about him is so well done and FishyCat seems like a really nice person so you should check them and their art book out on Quotev!]

🌟🌟🌟

This is it... This is the end. All you had to do was keep up with the others as you continued onwards towards the far away sight of the Rose Morning Star which was beginning to seem less like a misty red blob in the sky the longer you walked. It wouldn't be long now before you reached your destination.

In the meantime your group busied themselves, not allowing silence to fall or the chance to make things tense.

Takuya and Kouji, the leaders of your group were surprisingly not arguing but instead formulating a rough battle plan/idea based on the previous skirmish with the fake Cherubimon. Kouichi was silently by his brother's side seemingly enjoying just being able to be near him though he occasionally spoke up to give the two his input.

You kept your eyes on Kouichi as you followed behind the trio ahead of you, he had a soft smile on his face despite being sandwiched in between Takuya and Kouji which brought one onto your own upon noticing how Takuya was preventing Kouichi from distancing himself from everyone by sticking close to him and Kouji was trying his best to be a brother to his twin by making an effort to have a somewhat conversation including him.

Jumpei and Izumi, both filled with nerves about the upcoming fight, chatted about random things you could care less about to make themselves less anxious. The Digimon beside them, also feeling the same way, eased their own nerves through the power of Neemon being his normal oblivious self and unknowingly annoying Bokomon to the point he had forgotten his worries and instead focused on trying to get Neemon to stop being a pest which amused Patamon who was being carried by Izumi seeing as how he couldn't fly very fast.

"Y/n-oneechan," Tomoki began, drawing your attention to him, his face was filled with curiosity as he eyed the small bag attached to your side. "I've been wondering... what's inside that bag and when did you get it?"

You glance down at it before looking over at him. "Dunno. I met a friendly bunny and they just put a bunch of things inside of it when they gave it to me. My guess is bandages and maybe medicine?" You tell him with a shrug, trying to ignore the heaviness of your body. "Though I personally hope it's cookies." You offhandedly say as a joke.

"Cookies?" Tomoki repeats, cocking his head to the side.

You chuckle, not expecting that to catch his attention. "Yeah, I haven't had them in a while... wouldn't it be great to have a cookie after defeating the big bad?"

He thinks about it for a second before nodding. "It would be nice if there are really cookies in there."

"That it would." You wistfully agree, having a feeling that there would be no such goodies inside the bag.

"Hey! Tomoki, what do you think?" Junpei vaguely asks, catching both yours and Tomoki's attention.

Junpei was quickly elbowed by Izumi who made it clear that whatever they were discussing wasn't meant for everyone to hear. "Huh?" Tomoki, like you, was curious about what they wanted his thoughts on so he slows down and joins them. You keep walking without him, albeit more sluggishly for two reasons, one of which being to hear what they were saying and the other out of plain tiredness.

"Shush, not so loud..." She mutters in panic, pausing to make sure no one was showing any signs of listening. "So... we're having a debate and it would be great if we could have another opinion on the matter."