Chapter 21: A Devil and Hellhound (1)

[Author's Note: Semi-short ramble! All long chapters (basically every chapter once I get to editing them) will be chunked out into two parts to make reading a bit easier on you guys, Tetsuo is Teruo which I'll swap at some point when I reach 20, and Misaki_Chan made more lovely fanart which I really love and appreciate <3 (Just look at how well Sinni is drawn!)]

🌟🌟🌟

"...ey...?" A faraway voice calls out to you. "Helloooo... can...u...ar me...?" Although it was hard to hear them you could feel the presence of another beside you. It didn't seem like they were bad, more like they were just a concerned passerby checking up on you so you try to ignore them in favor of resting.

Five more minutes... You whine, in your defense, the heat had become too much for you to deal with coupled with the annoying dizziness that plagued you; all you wanted to do was sleep your problems away even if it was for just a moment though you had a feeling you wouldn't be able to due to the fairly nice nuisance that was intent on waking you up.

They mutter something you couldn't pick up as a cool object is placed on your forehead bringing with it temporary relief which you lean into to get more. "You're burning up..." They softly say much closer than before as they inconsiderately remove your temporary relief.

Wait! You shakily reach out and grab it. Wait...? Curious about what exactly the cooling object was, you grope it as best as you could.

"Ber-Berserker?" His voice came out a bit startled. Concerned as to why, you weakly open your eyes, greeted to the sight of Mr. Punchable himself unsurely looking down at you and your hand which was holding onto his much larger one. "Um... is everything alright...?"

Ooh! Yeah, heh, that makes sense, it's his hand. No wonder he got startled... Seeing that he was uncomfortable you instantly let your hand drop back down to your side. "Yeah, sorry..."

Angemon grimaces. "Don't apologize, it's unnerving... Even if you're really a frail little girl you've still got that beast inside of you."

Holy Digimon... Ugh... Sinnimon groans though he not so secretly enjoyed how the word sounded coming from Angemon.

He sorta reminds me of someone... You sit up to rub your throbbing temple. "Yeah, yeah, I know, Sinnimon's bad."

"That's not what I..." He mumbles before standing up and sighing. "Can you stand?"

With a nod, you sluggishly use your arms to support yourself as you force your body upwards. "Oh God..." You groan, your head starting to spin from the small movement. "Ang--" You try to warn him but your body collapses onto him right as the words started coming out from your mouth.

"..." He simply stares down at you, silent as you struggle to move away from him only to end up on the ground. Feeling bad, he awkwardly lifts you up and holds you upright in his arms despite how much it bothered him having you touching him. "So that's a no. You're really not doing so well, are you? This is the third time this has happened and in such a short time span too..."