Chapter 2: A Spirit For Y/n (1)

[The picture up above is what Zaeramon looks like, I forgot to mention in the previous chapter but the image of the girl is what I envision Y/n to look like and since she's basically you, she can look however you want. The last chapter's image is to mainly show what she is wearing.]

🌟🌟🌟

After hitching a ride on a Trailmon and a half an hour of walking, you and Kouji arrive in a rather ominous village that was in complete disarray. Almost everything surrounding the small broken-down village was devoid of life and all the houses you could see were either collapsed upon themselves or covered in wooden planks as if the residents were trying to fortify the best spots against something.

"Wow..." You slowly look around feeling uneasy in the emptiness though since it was the only place you encountered in a while you tried to swallow your worry in hopes that you and Kouji could take a much-needed break from all the walking you've done. "This place sure is uh... lovely."

Kouji gives you a look as if asking 'what is wrong with you.'

"L/n Y/n-san," The strange woman began, causing you to yelp in surprise and pull your D-Tector out of your pocket; it displayed a familiar symbol on the screen. "you are to explore and fix this village."

You silently stare down at your D-Tector for a few seconds as you calm down from her jumpscare enough to gawk at her tall order, "Seriously? You want me to repair an entire village, me? Do I look like a handyman to you?" you pointedly ask. If my future is to spend my life fixing stuff I should have stayed home. You brought me into your little game so let me do something fun!

Kouji snickers though he covers it up with a light cough. "There's no point in trying to argue with her."

You stare at him in shock, not expecting he'd be on the side that would require more labor from both of you. "Mina, you can't seriously wanna waste weeks here trying to unsuccessfully rebuild at least twenty houses, do you?"

"Of course not." Kouji sighs. "And how many times do I have to tell you my name is Minamoto Kouji, don't call me Mina."

You smirk, finding pleasure in how being called a nickname bothered him. "Sorry Mina, but to me your Mina. Forever stuck to be Mina. Until the end of your Mina days." You apologize in a rather fake tone of remorse.

He growls in exasperation. "You're infuriating."

You laugh a bit. "If it gets you to talk to me then I'll be as infuriating as possible. Anyways Mina how much do you wanna bet that if we go into this village we'll have to fight something?"

"..." He crosses his arms, slightly bothered at how you sounded somewhat excited at the prospect of fighting for your life again.

"Aww... come on Mina, don't start up again with the silent treatment!" You whine before noticing a trio of Digimon who were hiding behind a building, you gesture to Kouji the spot they were hiding at. Hmm... They're not attacking us? I wonder if they're like the Trailmon?

"Come out." Kouji demands which surprisingly they do, albeit hesitantly.

"Uh... Are we interrupting something?" A yellow reptile-like Digimon with blue and white fur and a yellow horn on his head named Gabumon, questions.

Guess they're friendly NPCs! Curious about the three who occupied the pretty much lifeless village, you decide to take the lead on speaking to them. "Nope! Not at all, we were just passin' through."

"Ah, so you're visitors? Welcome, I am Wizardmon and you are in Zesti Village." A wizard-like Digimon, aka Wizardmon, greets.

The third Digimon, although knowing it was by Wizardmon seconds ago, was nowhere to be seen though there was a tiny weight quickly moving up your leg. Looking down you spot a small blue dragon with stubby arms and legs called DemiVeemon who was excitedly climbing up you. You temporarily ignore the cutie, instead, focusing on gaining some information.