Chapter 2: A Spirit For Y/n (2)

You anxiously sit in a chair by Kouji's side, said boy was laying in a small bed in the back of the closest house you could find with you hovering over him to make sure you were there when he finally woke up again.

In order to ensure you'd be able to acquire somewhere quiet for Kouji, you restored the land through the power of your D-Tector releasing the Fractal Code it took from LadyDevimon and simply barged into one of the rebuilt houses, scaring a small couple out of it who seemed to get that you saved them and needed their home more than they did at the moment.

You glance over at the tea you prepared for Kouji wondering if it'd help his throat at all when you hear a slight shifting in the bed which instantly gains your attention.

Slowly Kouji opens his eyes to the sight of you by his side donning a shaky grin filled with relief as he sits up wondering what happened.

"Ko-" You cut yourself off, feeling it was exactly appropriate for you to call him by his first name just yet. "Mina! I-I'm so glad- Wait, are you okay? Can I get you anything? Moral support? Another blanket? Tea?" You quickly question earning a tired sigh from Kouji who resigns himself to nodding, not wanting to feel the discomfort of attempting to speak just to tell you to chill.

I think you're overwhelming him. Like he just woke up in an unfamiliar place and you're already bombarding him with questions...

Knowing Zaeramon had a point you grab the still-warm cup of tea and hand it to Kouji, since there were no other blankets in your line of sight you settle for just the tea. "Sorry, I should probably tell you what happened..." You explain everything that had happened while Kouji was down, leaving out the specific details about your Spirit though since you felt it would be a cause of worry. "...and now we're here. I'm so sorry I just watched you get hurt... I couldn't do anything to help and I just feel so bad... I promise next time you're in danger I'll do my best to protect you."

"I... don't need your pity..." Kouji raspily says, scowling at the sound of his voice and your words before he takes a sip of the surprisingly good cup of green tea which helped his throat feel a bit better after a few sips.

"It's not pity. Mina, I literally stood there and watched everything happen. I'm upset with myself and I want to make it up to you purely because I don't want you to get hurt because I'm so useless. You understand what that means right? Can you please just accept my friendship and offer to be your human slash Digimon shield?"

"No." He rejects it, the last thing he wanted was for you to use your body to protect him while he was trying to fight.

You pout. "Mina~ Please, please be my friend."

"Not if... you just use me as an... excuse to get yourself killed."

"I won't, I promise. Just please allow me the honor of being your friend." Kouji sighs in defeat, having a feeling you wouldn't stop pestering him. "Is that a yes? Hooray! Don't go back on your word now. We're friends and so I have the official right to die for you if need be!"

"Please don't... You're honestly horrible..." He regrets his decision.

🌟🌟🌟 

Hearing the whistle of a Trailmon pulling into the village the two of you head out into the restored town square that was filled with sparkling houses and new vegetation.

"Y/n-chan!" DemiVeemon runs up to you along with a few other Digimon you didn't recognize. "Are you leaving?"

"Yeah... we have to continue onwards and get to the Forest Terminal. I'm sorry Demi-chan..." You apologize noticing how sadly he was gazing up at you.