Chapter 19: What A Royal Pain (2)

Your group ends up flying towards the area that was destroyed though the heavy fog and an unexpected wall stand in your way.

Seeing Takuya, who was the leader, pause and look up at the wall Junpei glances over at him in concern "Hey Taki what is it?" Junpei questions, using the nickname he occasionally called Takuya which you quite liked. "Did you see something?"

As if magic or if the plot suddenly demanded it the fog surrounding the area clears.

"The mountain disappeared just beyond here. Let's keep moving." A red orb comes out of nowhere and lands to the side of the group causing a small explosion that luckily does nothing but scare the living daylights out of everyone. "Who's there?!" Takuya angrily searches the wall for the perpetrator.

A robed figure who reminded you of a blue oni stood at the top of the wall. "I am Baromon, I cannot allow you to pass." He announces as he spreads his arms out.

"You could have just told us to stop! There was no need to throw a bomb at us!" You shout at him.

"I see, you're the one who scanned that mountain!" Takuya deducts, pulling out his D-Tector which everyone follows suit. You didn't think Takuya was right about this but do the same since you already didn't like this guy.

He holds two fingers up as the little gem in between his bushy brows glows. "Great Spirits of the universe hear me..." He glows pink. "Give me your POWER!" The Digimon disappears and in his place was a hail of the red orbs from before. Everyone transforms into their Human Spirits to both jump past the orbs and to get to the hostile Digimon. "Don't attack, I have no intention of fighting the Ten Legendary Warriors."

"THEN WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!" You exclaim in frustration. "YOU LITERALLY JUST SHOT AT US!"

"I know you are protectors of the peace but all of you must hear what I have to say." His little jewel glows. "I have a prophecy! It concerns the rebirth of an ancient evil, Lucemon." Somehow this mon shows you all a mental image of what was hiding deep within the Digital World's core, a not so angelic twelve-winged blonde child with a wicked grin and eerie blue eyes.

As if seeing this image was getting hit you all reverse back into yourselves and fall down to the ground.

Bokomon, Neemon, and Patamon all run over to your side as you lift your head up to glare at Baromon. "I'm going to punch this guy, I swear to God..." You mutter under your breath.

"Y/n-han, calm down..." Bokomon nervously says in response to your rare show of anger.

"So Lucemon's coming back, huh." Takuya glares up at Baromon as well.

"Lucemon, you say? That's... not good." Bokomon notes.

"What do you mean!? I thought Lucemon was defeated a long time ago!"

"I will show you! The truth is about to happen." True to his words a large portion of the wall blocking your way crumbles to pieces revealing the fragmented land which was mostly floating above the sky. "Look, this is where the Holy Mountains once proudly stood!" You all stood up to get a better look at the remains of the mountains. "Our great protectors have fallen to the evil that struggles to return. Listen, the Digital World is crying out for your help."

🌟🌟🌟

Baromon leads you into the destroyed mountains which was a bit of a struggle since a lot of the ground was gone, once you were in front of a dead-end he places his hand on the wall which opens up to reveal a staircase leading to a platform surrounded by many floating plates all with ancient text surrounding them and light in the middle of them.