Chapter 13: The Darkness... Is Actually Kinda Nice (1)

Hmm...

You were currently sitting on the carpeted floor of a rundown auditorium with a needle and thread in your hands that you were using to patch up a noticeable rip on one of the many costumes used for the plays your school occasionally put on.

I remember this...

The reason why you were doing this had yet to make its appearance but you knew it was in the room.

"Y/n/n*!" As if on cue a girl, a bit more developed than you wearing a decked-out school uniform, came running from the entranceway before jumping at you from behind, embracing you in a hug.

* Y/n/n stands for Your nickname if your name is short then it's just Your name.

"F/n/n!" You exclaim in surprise at the sudden attack of affection, nearly stabbing the needle into your finger. "What are you doing? Get off me."

"Aww come on, we're all alone. There's no need to be so shy." She whispers in your ear causing you to scowl.

"Knock it off." You sternly say, trying to wiggle out of her arms. "You gotta stop being so touchy-feely."

With a sigh, she lets go of you. "You're no fun."

You turn your head to stare at her in displeasure. "You know I don't like it when you suddenly do stuff like that and besides we're here for our punishment, not fun."

"Punishment?" F/n* 'cutely' tilts her head to the side with a fake look of confusion.

* F/n means your Friend's name.

"Yes, punishment. There's no need to play dumb when your the reason why we're here. I mean not only did you make us arrive late to Drama, you spent the whole rehearsal on your phone which you know is against the rules, and then to make matters worse I got stuck here with you since he wants me to 'monitor your progress.'" You rant.

F/n smiles, clearly amused. "Hey, don't blame me for being late. That's all on you for being over-excited during our little session~"

You blush before quickly covering your face. "Ugh... shut up. Why do you always have to make everything sound so disgusting...."

She laughs at your embarrassment. "Haha, you're so cute when you blush, I love that about you Y/n/n~"

You groan. "F/n/n please... we have a job to do and the longer you keep saying flirty nonsense, the longer we'll have to work."

"I don't mind, it just means we can spend more time together~" F/n flirtatiously says, more than happy to keep messing with you. "So what do I have to do my love?"

You do your best not to sigh. "Alright, this is a very easy job. All you have to do is set up the stage for tomorrow. Please tell me you can handle that?"

F/n looks at you incredulously. "All by myself? Can't we swap jobs? I just got my nails done..."

"No," You lift up the dress that was in your hands. "I don't even think you'd be able to sew with those bad boys... plus since you actively chose to be blind it's not safe for you to sew. Be thankful that I'm even being considerate enough to help you out with this."

"Don't act like this isn't your punishment too, can't you just help me move some of the set?" She questions, batting her eyelashes at you while donning a pair of wide puppy dog eyes. "Come on Y/n/n-chan, pretty pleeeease? Won't you help me~ You don't want me breaking a nail, do you? Look at how pretty they are."

"..." You glance at the medium-sized purple fake nails that matched her own eye color. "They are pretty... and I guess if you did break a nail that'd really hurt... hmm... Fine. I'm practically done anyways." You give in, finishing the small section you were repairing before returning the needle back to its safety case.