Out of all the Places

"Can I get a chai tea, please." I said to the barista.

I've always been an Earl Grey kind of guy, but chai, I gotta say, it's grown on me.

I stood there tapping my foot. Waiting impatiently for the barista to make my beverage. Obviously taking her time.

Thank god she did take her time though. Because I was in that coffee shop just long enough.

The place was fairly old fashioned. It was a cute little shop. Wooden floors, white walls with pictures hanging over almost ever little table. And everytime a customer came in, you knew. Because a little bell hanging over the door, would ring.

And every time the bell would ring, I would look over.

It was just a habit. I couldn't help but look to see the customer come inside.

"All set!" The barista got my attention by sliding the cup over towards my direction.

I paid her, giving her a generous tip. "Thank you."

I didn't have much time so I went over to the counter and I grabbed a hand full of napkins.

The bell rang, and like always, I looked up to the door.

Guess who?

I saw that white dress, and that brown hair, and I knew immediately it was the nutcase.

The same woman who hasn't escaped my mind since I saw her last.

Out of all the places in London. Out of all the little coffee shops in town. She walked into this one.

It had to be fate. It just had to be.

I dropped the napkins. And neglected them  on the ground as I stared at her.

Yes, I was literally staring. I couldn't move. All I could do was stare.

Thinking about it now, I probably looked so creepy.

She didn't think so.

Her eyes scanned the room right when she walked in.

She didn't look like she was looking for anyone. She just looked like she was new to the place.

She sort of looked lost.

As her eyes moved around the shop, they feel onto me for a split second moving right by me... And then to my surprise, falling back onto me. Staring at me.

And she smiled that smile... The smile I became obsessed with.

I smiled back warmly.

My mind told my legs to move. To go over to her.

They wouldn't budge.

But I soon figured out that I didn't need to move. I didn't need to walk over to her, because she was already walking over to me.

I turned my head to see if there was anyone behind me, that she could have been walking towards. But all that was behind me was a wall and a counter.

She was actually walking towards me.

Although I was a fully grown man, in my early twenties... I still got butterflies in my stomach. Like a teenager.

Have you ever had an angel walk your way? I'll tell you from personal expirience, It's nerve racking.

She walked like she was walking on a cloud. Sort of gliding across the floor.

I immediately thought that she'd probably be a great slow-damcer. God, I wanted to dance with her.

Her smile never escaped her face when she stopped in front of me. "Tom Hiddleston." She said with confidence.

I cleared my throat. Still a little shocked. "Uhm. Yes."

She giggled softly. "This is unbelievable. I am your biggest fan. Oh my gosh. I am talking to Tom Hiddleston!" Her face lit up.

"You're a fan of mine?" I asked, surprised.

Back then, it was rare to be a fan of mine. I wasn't too popular.

I was only in a few little movies, that never really had the best ratings. To be my fan, was like... Being a dog without four legs. You didn't see too many of them.

The nutcase nodded. "Yes, a very big fan."

My nerves escaped me in the beauty of her face.

I grinned. "Well, I'm a big fan of yours too."

She looked at me confused. "What?"

"You're the girl who ran in front of my cab a little while ago." I explained.

Her jaw dropped and her cheeks turned bright red. "That was you?! Oh- I'm SO sorry. I wasn't paying attention and I was in a rush. I-" She covered her mouth when she began to laugh about the incident. As if it were a sin to laugh.

I smirked. "Oh don't apologize. I wasn't mad. But the cab driver on the other hand, he was pretty heated."

She finally took her hand away so I could see her smile again. "Well, I guess I won't be riding in a cab for a while." She said sarcastically.

I chuckled. "Yeah, and look both ways, before you cross a street."

She laughed, then looked up to me and stared at me. Studying me.

I didn't mind, because I did the same thing for a few moments. But I couldn't wait any longer. I needed to put a name to this face. Something other than the nutcase. "What's your name?" I said, breaking the silence between us.

She tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear. Giving me a better look at her. "Its Lilly."

"Like the flower." I said.

She nodded. "Yes, although. I prefer roses."

I grinned. "Noted."

Lilly raised her eyebrow. "What? Are you planning on buying me flowers?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "You never know."

She laughed quietly under her breath.

I didn't know what made me look, but when I glanced up at the clock. I realized I was even later than I thought I'd be for my signing. I looked back to Lilly. "I'm sorry, but I have to go. I'm already late."

The excitment on her face stopped me. "Oh! For your signing! I was just heading to that!"

I smiled. "You were?"

She nodded. "Yeah! That's why its so crazy that I'm seeing you now! Do you think..." She rummmaged through her bag. "Do you think you can just give me your autogragh now?"

"No." I said bluntly.

Her smile fell. She stopped rummaging through her bag and looked back up to me. "What? Why?"

I grabbed my tea and a few of the napkins that fell. Then I looked back to her. "Because, if I don't give you my autogragh now... Then that gives me a chance to see you again."

She smiled. But didn't say a word.

I gave her a wink. Then I backed away slowly. "See you later, Lilly who prefers roses.

Merry Christmas ladies and gents! (Yes, approximately 2% of my readers are boys, so I have to say 'gents') Lol! I hope you like this update!!! And I Hope y'all have an amazing holiday. Love always, Ashley.