Glimpse

They say that when you first see your soulmate, you know right away. You know, that's the person that'll marry you one day.

I never really believed that back then. Until I saw her.

I saw the woman of my dreams. And I'll never forget the day she ran into my life.

Literally.

-

-

I remember everything as if it were my favorite book. The cab I was in smelt like old shoes and urine. I was angry that day because I was going to be late to my own autogragh signing. Where, the little fans I had, could get my autogragh.

Most celebrities wouldn't care if they were late for something like that. But to me, it was everything to keep my fans happy. To make their day.

Its still a priority for me today.

I wanted to stop for coffee quick so I hopped into the back of the dirty city cab. "Nearest London Cafe. Step on it please."

The cab driver had a deep depressing voice. "You got it." He said.

Maybe it was just my mood. But I remember being so sad. Everywhere I looked, it was all the same. Same streets, same dull lifeless, grey sky.

I lived in one of the most popular cities, I had a promising future ahead of me. And none of it mattered.

Only certain things can excite you.

I looked out of the dirt-crudded window. Almost out of nowhere, the cab stopped abruptly, and sent me forward in my seat. "What the bloody hell!" I yelled out of anger.

"Sorry pal! This nutcase just ran in front of my cab!" The driver said.

I looked up at this particular nutcase. And there she was.

In in that moment, reality froze. Time moved in slow motion.

My mouth hung open as I watched this beautiful nutcase place her hands in front of her, she was smiling, almost laughing. Probably relieved that she didn't just get hit by a cab going 30 miles per hour.

Her smile. That's all I focused on. That's what made reality freeze. That breath-taking smile.

I watched as she moved her long brown hair out of her face and she began to mouth the words "sorry" to the driver of my cab. Then just like that, she turned away and ran back out of the road, across the busy, city street.

It was mid-april. She was wearing a white dress. I remember it because I remember thinking that I just saw an angel.

Its hard to explain all of the features of an angel. You would've had to have been there. I wish you were. It would be a lot easier to explain, if you had seen what I saw.

I turned my head as far back as it could go until I saw her in the back window, as the cab driver drove away.

I was so tempted to jump out of the cab and go get her.

I just saw my future wife, and I don't even know her name. That's all I wanted. I just wanted to know her.

I felt jealous of anyone lucky enough to be where she was going. I felt envy for anyone who got to see her beautiful smile on a daily basis.

Those few seconds of slow motion, were enough to get me to believe in love at first sight.

When she got to far out of my view, I turned back around and resorted to picturing her in my mind.

Her blue eyes were stuck in my brain. And her smile. I couldn't get over her smile. Flawless.

In that moment, I was convinced that perfection was possible. That every good thing that can come from this world, she had it all. In such an unperfect society, she was the only exception.

I was blessed enough to be able to witness perfection. From a nutcase.

When I was finally in my right mind again, and reality moved at normal speed. I noticed that I was smiling.

And for some reason, it was impossible to do anything else but smile.

I couldn't even think of the fact that I was late. Or that the cab smelt horrid. Or that the sky was grey. Or that the cab driver's voice was depressing.

Just one glimpse of her made me forget it all.

Maybe she really was an angel.

Guys I'm so sorry these beginning chapters are so short! I'll be updating soon and they'll start getting longer. The next chapter is the good one!♥ Thanks for 30 votes on my prologue!!! Ahhh!!! Y'all are amazing! x.Ashley