The Alternate Ending

It didn't take much persuading to get Jen to let us go out into the garden and watch the rain.I was surprised by how easy it was, I thought it would be a little more difficult because, just a few hours ago, she had walked in on Lilly and I, a very awkward situation. That was the first thing she mentioned when I went to ask her. Which was not much of a surprise.

"Hey Jen." I approached her, rather in a hurry. I didn't want to miss the rain. I felt like if I took too long, it would stop and Lilly would miss her favorite weather.

She was looking down at her charts. Not looking me in the eye. I should have taken that as a hint to what she was about to say. "I hope you wore a condom." She muttered, but I heard her clear as day.

"What? For what?" I said, completely shocked.

"Oh, don't play dumb with me." She finally looked up to me from her charts. "I saw you guys. I am a grown woman, I can put the pieces together."

I chuckled, finally understanding what she thought had happened when she walked in on Lilly and I making out. "Jen, We didn't..."

"You don't have to lie, Tom. You are both adults. I just don't get the whole, sex in a hospital thing, but whatever floats your boat. I just hope you wrapped it up, if you know what I mean." Her eyes scanned downwards.

My jaw fell, she had been talking so nonchalantly and rather loudly. I scanned the room before whispering. "I'm serious Jen. That didn't happen. You came in and we stopped."

"Oh." She said, understanding. "Okay. But just, while we are on the subject. What exactly would have happened if I didn't walk in?"

I thought completely to myself of that scenario. Lilly and I were like a row of dominos. The kissing, was one domino tipping over. Eventually, the other dominoes would fall in a perfect row. One step at a time. As I thought to myself, I shrugged, gesturing that Jen was probably correct. More would have happened if she hadn't walked in.

Jen got my gesture loud and clear. "Oh that's just weird." She said, kicking me out of my thoughts. "A hospital room? Really Hiddleston?"

I smirked. Then literally shook my head, noticing that I had gotten completely off topic and Jen had turned back around to her charts. "That's not why I came down here." I said.

"What do two love birds need now?" She said, jotting notes down on paper.

"It's raining." I started.

"Yes. I am very well aware of the weather. Thank you for the update." She said sarcastically.

"Lilly loves the rain!" I concluded. Because I knew Jen would put the pieces together. I watched the back of her head. She stopped writing.

"You wanna take her outside." She turned back around to me. Contemplating.

"I know it's late. But she loves the rain. And she needs to feel it. It's one of those things you wouldn't understand. It's a long story."

I explained and she nodded."It's not late." She corrected me. "It's early. It's almost four in the morning." she said. Honestly, I had no idea the time went so fast. It seems like ten minutes ago, we were throwing grapes at each other.

"That being said." She got my attention again. "It's too early for her doctor to be here. So it'll be a piece of cake to sneak you out." She smiled. Rolling her eyes.

"Thank you!" I said. And she stopped me from say anything more. "Yeah, I know, you appreciate it. You tell me all the time. I'll spare you the words this time around."

I smiled. And she looked at me. "I'm assuming you two will probably need towels. She's going to need a dry hospital gown for when she comes back."

I nodded. "Yeah, how did you kno-"