Time Stamp

My eyes slowly opened to the sunlight in an unfamiliar bedroom. On a bed that wasn't mine. In an apartment I didn't own. My clothes scattered across the name brand rug that I had never seen before in my life. All of this unfamiliar setting.

And still I felt like I was home.

My arm lay under Lilly, who was sleeping peacefully, using me as her pillow. Which again, I didn't mind.

Her brown her covered her cheek. And I slowly reached over and pushed it out of the way.

It became my second nature. To push her hair out of her face. To kiss her when ever I felt I needed to. To hold her when she felt like she was slipping. To catch her before she falls. It was all something that became sort of like a habit.

The minute I moved her hair, she opened her eyes. Stretching a little before looking back at me, looking at her.

"Did I wake you?" I asked.

"No. I usually wake up at about this time." She grinned. "You like watching me sleep?" She whispered. Laughing a little.

"I like looking at you." I answered. Smiling warmly.

"I'm probably a sight for sore eyes. I'm not too much of a morning person." She said. Turning around to face me. Her tan skin looking like silk. In the sun, shining through the window.

"You look beautiful." I said.

"You're too good for me." She said in a whisper. Kissing me on the cheek.

"Its funny, I can say the same thing about you." I grinned. Pausing a second to take in all the beauty. Of the room. Of last night. Of Lilly. Everything was perfect. "I can get used to this." I said, thinking out loud.

"Used to what?" Lilly asked. Her finger drawing circles on my chest.

"Waking up to you." I said. "I can get used to this."

"What are you saying?" She said. A smile hiding behind a little ounce of mischief.

"I'm saying I want to wake up like this everyday. I'm saying, maybe we can make some arrangements. And..."

Before I could finish Lilly interrupted. "Live together?" She said. Her face brightened.

"Yeah." I smiled. "Look I know its crazy but..."

Lilly interrupted again.
"Crazy? Its insane. But that's why I want to do it. I want to live with you. I want to wake up to you too. Let's do it." She said, eyes gleaming.

"Really?" I exclaimed. Then I pulled her in to me. "We're really gonna do this."

"Yes we are. I love you." She whispered into my ear. Holding on to me tight.
"I love you too."
-
-
That morning. We ate breakfast in bed and planned out how we were going to go about this living situation. We decided it'd be best to live with me. My apartment was bigger. And with out a job, she wasn't going to be able to afford her place much longer anyway.

It was a win-win for both of us.

Talking about moving in was so much fun. We planned it all out in a few hours. Each of us with excitement in our voices.

Everything from boxes, to moving trucks, to where everything was going. It was all mapped out.

"Okay so my audition is next week. So we either have to move you in this week. Or next Monday after my audition." I said.
She laughed. "Next Monday. I don't want to stress you out too much before your big day. We can wait a week."

I sighed childishly. "I don't know if I can."

She ran her fingers through my hair. "If I can, you can." She said. "And who says we can't have more sleepovers before then."