Phase Three

I read in an article one time, that it is possible to know for sure if you are with the right person. If they give you what they called, 'Forever feelings'. They explained it like this; you see a beautiful girl. You get butterflies in your stomach. Then over time, you get to know the girl, you get comfortable.

Did those butterflies ever stop coming? Do you still get goosebumps when she touches your skin with even the slightest touch? Do you still stand breathless when she walks into a room?

Those are forever feelings. They differ from regular 'first date jitters' because they last forever. It doesn't matter how many times you've seen her smile. It could be the one millionth time. As long as she still continues to send shivers up your spine, that's a forever feeling.

If you lose them, according to this article, you and her won't last. But If you keep them, you're meant to be.

I'm not saying this article is one hundred percent accurate. But in my case, it's pretty damn authentic.

Because I had those feelings almost five months ago, when she ran in front of my cab, in her white springtime dress. And they still existed as she stood in her white hospital gown, ready to marry me.

They were stronger than ever.

I held both of her hands in mine as we stood by the foot of her bed. The sun coming through the window and landing right onto her skin. She shined. Not that she needed the sun for that.

Jen had fixed her hair just before we began the ceremony. It was styled half up, half down and trimmed more evenly. Because apparently the haircut I had given her wasn't as even as I had thought. They found that out the hard way, when Jen went to put it up.

But it was perfect now. Everything was perfect now.

Jen, as predicted, invited a few other nurses. They seemed quite excited to witness a wedding in a hospital room. According to Jen, it had never happened before. We were making hospital history.

The four or five antsy, and emotional nurses stood by the closed door of the room. Watching, and listening to every word that came from the priest's mouth.

The priest spoke on, the usual wedding speech. Although something told me that he was a little surprised by the hospital wedding as well. He began the ceremony by saying "We are gathered here today, in this hospital room, on this August afternoon, to witness the union of Thomas Hiddleston and Lilly Reynolds."

He probably brought up the fact that we were in a hospital, a dozen times. Everytime he mentioned where we were, Lilly and I would curl our lips to keep from laughing. We knew he thought we were insane. Story of our lives.

I hadn't taken my eyes off Lilly since the ceremony began. I couldn't look at anything or anyone else. I tried my best to stay in tune with what the priest was saying. And every word he spoke, made the moment feel more and more real.

Lilly did the same thing. Neither of us took our eyes off of eachother. We communicated solely through our eye contact and the constant squeezing of our hands. It was sort of like morse code, but with hands.

"Before we begin the vows, Tom and Lilly would like to say a few words to each other." The priest said aloud.

"We would?" Lilly leaned in closer to me. "I don't have anything prepared." She whispered to me.

I smiled. "Neither do I." I whispered back. "Just wing it."

She grinned. Stepping back to where she was.

"Tom, why don't you start." The priest offered and I nodded. I had always thought it was ladies first. But I couldn't exactly decline his offer. I cleared my throat, to stall as I gathered words in my head.