Keeping Her Safe

OLIVER QUEEN-

Felicity laughed, taking a sip of her red wine. As for now, things were perfect- but Oliver knew better than to count on things staying that way.

"Mr. Queen? A lady wanted you to have this." A waiter interrupted, looking preoccupied. In his hands was a bottle of scotch with a small, pink note attached.

"Thank you." Oliver took the bottle in his hands to read the note. Felicity gave him a look of confusion from across the table.

Dear Arrow,
You have not listened to my warnings. Felicity does not have much longer to live. Say your goodbyes.
-Cupid

Oliver slammed the scotch down on the table, causing Felicity to jump and the drink to spill over the rim of the glass. Scanning the room with his eyes, he tried to figure out where Cupid was sitting, but there was no such luck. The place was mostly empty with only a few remote couples sitting in booths.

"We need to go. Now." Oliver said, panic seeping into his words. He cleared his throat and repeated the phrase calmly, clenching and unclenching the napkin that lay in his lap.

Felicity arched an eyebrow and ate another forkful of pasta. "Ray Palmer is gone, relax." She sounded so at peace, but Oliver couldn't risk it. He could not lose her.

"But Cupid isn't."

FELICITY SMOAK-

Oliver was being ridiculous. Felicity sat in the lair, twirling around in her swivel chair. Each time she spun around, the chair would let out a creak. She could feel Oliver's glare on her as she continued to spin.

"Well, I recommend a vacation. Get out of Starling." Roy suggested, taking a seat on the operation table.

"Don't sit on that, Man." Diggle said to Roy absentmindedly while fiddling with a pen.

"You'd have to take Jonas and Megan of course." Roy continued, ignoring Diggle's words. Felicity saw Diggle shoot Roy an annoyed glare.

"Felicity, why don't you go home and pack quickly. Going out of town for a few says won't hurt anyone. I'll make some calls and pick you up at the door." Oliver suggested. Felicity knew that Oliver would be doing more than 'making calls', but she didn't argue. Whatever secrets he had were not her business. Not anymore.

"Alright, just make sure your mom and the kids are home by now." Felicity warned, not wanting to come home to an empty house.

"Do you want me to go with her?" Diggle asked Oliver, tossing her a concerned look.

"No, go home to Sara and Lyla. Roy will go with her." Oliver ordered, slipping on his black jacket.

"But-"

"Roy." Oliver gave Roy a deadly look, silencing him instantly.

Once Oliver and Diggle departed, Roy drove Felicity home, breaking only a few speeding laws on the way there. As soon as they entered the main hall, a delicious aroma wafted from the kitchen.

"Megan! Jonas! Come here!" Felicity called, rushing up the stairs to gather their things. Instantly, Felicity heard their thunderous feet as they dashed out of the kitchen, earning a loud scolding from Moira.

Felicity threw the important things together, stuffing them all into three suitcases. Jonas and Megan watched intently, curious expressions plastered to their tiny faces.

"I'm heading out, Oliver will be home shortly." Roy called from the bottom of the stairs. Felicity nodded even though she knew Roy couldn't see her. After he left, a tense silence came over the room. Felicity felt as if Cupid would enter the room any moment and draw her deadly bow.