An Arrow to the Knee

FELICITY SMOAK-

"Mom!" Felicity opened her eyes to see Jonas shaking her, his eyes wide.

"What is it Jonas?" She asked, sitting up instantly.

"Dad's in trouble." He said urgently, waving his arms. Felicity looked at him skeptically.

"How so?" She pressed. Jonas took a deep breath.

"Cupid is forcing him to be with her." Replied Jonas, looking around the room wildly.

Felicity almost laughed. Cupid? "Honey, your father can take care of himself."

"I know that. But Cupid had me hostage after Ray brought me to her. She threatened to kill me and you if dad didn't comply." Jonas raised his voice, causing Megan to stir.

"Cupid held you- wait Ray?!" Felicity's eyes widened.

"Yeah, Ray Palmer. He took me last night and stuffed a green arrow into my pillow. Poor pillow." A sad look came over Jonas' face.

"Are you telling me the truth?" Jonas nodded his head.

"He's not a nice person. He hurt me and yelled stuff about revenge on an arrow. Which is pretty nutty." He remarked, sliding out of bed, "let's go help daddy."

Felicity bit her lip. If Jonas' story was true, Oliver had killed Ray for hurting Jonas. The woman, Carrie, must have been Cupid. But she remembered Oliver's words. He didn't love her.

But she still loved him.

"Jonas, you and Megan have to stay here with Moira." Felicity told him, wanting to keep him safe.

"Promise me that you'll help him? He saved my life and brought me home. I love him, Mommy." Jonas told her, his blue eyes pleading. It reminded Felicity of Oliver's face when he wanted something- or more like when he didn't want her doing something dangerous.

"I promise." Felicity kissed her son on his head and pulled the covers further over Megan.

As she exited the room, Moira was standing in the hallway, her arms crossed. "What's going on? Why didn't you tell me Jonas was missing? I slept through the whole thing." Moira was still dressed in a fluffy pink bathrobe- and if Felicity wasn't scared of the woman, she would have found the whole situation comical.

"Uh... we can talk about this later... I have a gala to get too." Felicity muttered. With that, she raced past Moira to find a dress to wear.

It only took a few minutes to select the blue dress Ray had given her. It was by far the most beautiful piece of clothing she owned. After fixing her hair, she snatched her purse and headed to Queen Consolidated.

Now all she had to do was find Oliver.

As she entered the room, she was presented with lovely music and a huge crowd. White clothed tables garnished with royal looking china were placed all around the room. A small bar was in the back corner, along with a buffet of food.

Felicity gasped as she saw Oliver. He was dressed in a dark suit with a grey tie. She drank in his tall figure, straight jaw polished with stubble, and piercing blue eyes.

His looks were enough to send butterflies around her stomach.

"Felicity." He gave her a small smile, his eyes guarded. Felicity knew that Oliver thought that she blamed him for Ray's death. He had not told her of Ray's involvement and taken the blame, making her love him more. He had let her hate him in order to protect her.

"Oliver, we need to talk." She told him, keeping her voice even.

"I have to go, actually." Oliver brushed her off, turning around. Before he could go, Felicity touched his arm.