Losing Someone You Love

[Chapter 31; Losing Someone You Love]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
― Mahatma Gandhi

OLIVER QUEEN-

Felicity was running in front of him, her blonde hair flowing out behind her. "Come on, keep up- you're supposed to be faster... After all, you're Arrow." She jokingly teased, looking back.

"Oliver Queen?!" She exclaimed, in a deep, surprised tone.

All of a sudden, they were falling. Felicity was just out of his reach. Oliver reached out a hand for her, but it was too late. They both plunged into cold, icy, water.

He was under. Oliver's lungs burned. He needed air- his head pounded.

"Felicity!" Where was Felicity?

"Who is Felicity?" Came a voice from the darkness.

Oliver opened his eyes as he was pulled up from the icy darkness. Where was he? What was going on?

"Mr. Queen." Called a voice. Oliver looked around wildly. A bucket full of ice water was at his feet. A man had been dunking him into it.

"I am just a humble business women," the familiar voice drawled from the shadows, "and now, I know your secret."

Oliver couldn't quite pin down the voice, but it was a familiar, feminine voice.

"I need you to transfer $7 million dollars into am offshore account, Mr. Queen. If you do, your secret is safe. But if not..."

"What makes you think I would pay you to keep my secret?" Oliver bluffed, knowing that his secret could never get out. Most likely, if he could not get out of here, he would pay them- and have his girl steal it back. Using a computer.

"What would that do to your family? Your name?" The lady continued, staying out of sight.

Oliver felt his muscles tense. If there was one thing that really put him off, it was being threatened.

FELICITY SMOAK-

Felicity closed the door to the lair softly. She was on her way to meet Roy- who had reluctantly agreed to meet her.

Her heart was pounding uncontrollably in her chest, and she felt jumpy at each shadow. As she opened the door to Verdant, the brisk night air caught her by surprise. The temperature had dropped by at least 20 degrees.

"Pssst." Called a familiar voice from the shadows. Roy stood in the alley next to Verdant. His brown hair was slightly messed up, and his blue eyes were sharp. They glinted in the darkness.

"Roy, thanks for meetin-" Felicity began.

"Save it, Blondie, let's just find Queen so I can leave." He cuts in harshly, narrowing his eyes further.

Felicity drew a sharp breath.

"Where do we even start?"

Roy paused, and ran a hand through his dark hair.

"I have absolutely no idea."

About ten minutes later, Roy still stood in the same spot, staring off into the darkness. Frankly, Felicity was getting more and more nervous. She clutched her tablet tighter, and pursed her lips.

"How about we go back into the lair?" She suggested, snapping Roy out of his trance.

"How about we just go home and assume Queen is a dead man- as he probably is." Roy snapped.