The Family Man

You guys have the best comments sometimes, I swear. I'm laughing. Ok, and now I'm updating.

FELICITY SMOAK-

"Dinner!" Felicity called up the stairs. She had set a place for Oliver at the other end, so he could sit next to both of his children.

Oliver's figure appeared, carrying Jonas on his shoulders. Felicity sighed. Jonas looked so happy with his father. If only things were different.

"Pasta!!" Jonas squealed in delight as he saw his favorite food. The ghost of a smile appeared on Oliver's lips.

"Italian, huh?"

Felicity blushed and looked down at her hands. "That would be where pasta comes from, yes."

Once everyone was seated, the children dug in. Jonas had food all over the place, while Megan ate daintily.
Felicity caught Oliver's gaze from across the table. His expression was, as usual, impossible to read.

Felicity's phone rang, startling her.

"Hello?"

"Felicity, put on your best dress and meet me for a business dinner. I need you." Ray was frantic on the other end.

"I...I'll ask Oliver if he can watch the kids." Felicity gave in, her eyes traveling to where Oliver sat.

"Thank you so much. And I think a babysitter would be-"

"Ray, I'm warning you." Felicity scolded with a chuckle.

After she hung up, Oliver regarded her with a cold look.

"What did Palmer want?" He asked.

"First of all, his name is Ray, and second, he asked me to dinner. I really have to go. Could you watch them? Is it ok if I go?" Felicity crossed her fingers under the table, an old habit of hers.

"Do what you want." Oliver replied curtly, clenching his jaw.

Felicity nodded and excused herself from the table, kissing both over her children on their heads before leaving.

OLIVER QUEEN-

"I WANT TO WATCH MY LITTLE PONY!" Megan cried, drowning out Oliver's protests.

Oliver took a sip of his drink, rubbing his forehead. "Let's just calm down." He said gruffly.

"But I want to watch Transformers. Ray always watches Transformers with me." Jonas whined, wagging his tiny finger at his father.

"I don't give a damn about what Ray did with you. I'll watch anything you want." Oliver clenched his jaw at the mention of his nemeses.

"You owe a quarter in the swear jar." Megan pipped up, shooting Oliver a stern look. Even at three years old, Megan's blue eyes could look as stern as Felicity's.

"Ok, ok. I'll give you a dollar." Oliver handed his daughter a dollar, and Megan looked at it in awe.

"Jonas, look, we are rich. I'm buying a castle." Megan announced, bragging to her brother.

"No way! We aren't buying a stupid castle, let's get a snow fort." Jonas argued, hopping off the couch.

"Alright, time for bed." Oliver cut into their argument, secretly passing Jonas a dollar of his own.

"Thanks, dad." Jonas clutched his money and dashed up the stairs.

Oliver picked up Megan in his arms to carry her up the stairs. "So, Mini Felicity, are you ready for bed?"