Distance

Oliver sighed and lowered his bow. He had taken care of a few common criminals tonight, and by now it was almost 4am. As he jumped over the rooftops of buildings in silence, Oliver let his mind drift to Slade.

Ever since Felicity had been hospitalized, activity with Slade had been quite minimal. All "team Arrow" (as much as Oliver despised the name) knew, Slade was building an army of criminal supersoilders.

Just another day in Starling City. Oliver though sarcastically.

As he arrived at Verdant, he noticed three masked men lurking outside the entrance. Jumping down from the roof, Oliver aimed his bow at who appeared to be the leader.

"Damn, he is real." Came a raspy voice, coming from the shortest masked man out of the three. The boss, a taller, leaner man held up a hand in silence.

"We aren't from around here." He explained in a cold tone that sent shivers down Oliver spine.

"Then you need to learn that this is my city." Oliver said firmly, as Arrow. Honestly, there was nothing Oliver would rather do at the moment was to have a warm drink and lie down, but these men were in his way- and he had little patience.

The leader remained silent a moment, before he spoke again. "Just because you have money, does not make this your city, Mr.Queen.

Oliver froze. This man knew who he was. Although the masked man was an overconfident common criminal, he knew Arrow's identity.

The three men drew their guns and began to shoot. Quickly, Oliver raised his bow and put an arrow through each man.

"No one can know." He said softly, before leaving the bodies in front of Verdant and heading inside. Oliver knew he had to be safely inside the lair before the cops arrived.

Once Oliver was downstairs, he took off his hood and sat in Felicity's seat infrint of the computer. It felt nice- a little reminder of the blonde IT girl. Oliver hadn't seen her in over two weeks, even though he well knew that she was out of the hospital.

Knowing that what was happening to his family and Felicity was his own fault, Oliver was being extra careful to avoid them at all cost. Avoiding those he loved was only causing Oliver to lie awake at night, and the lack of sleep was catching up with him.

Diggle had been looking for leads on Slade, and gone to Amanda for extra information. Oliver had told Roy to keep an eye out on Felicity, and meanwhile he and Sara spent their time focusing on common crime- robbery, assault, kidnappings.

Thea had began to notice the distance Oliver was putting between himself and the rest of the world, and had given him the "don't shut everyone out" speech. Yet when her speech held no affect it seemed as even she had given up on Oliver.

Oliver lay down on the cot for a few minutes, thinking about everything- and for the first time in a while, he fell asleep.

When Oliver awoke, he knew he had been asleep for a long while. Noticing he had 23 new messages, he knew something was up. However, it couldn't be too serious, since no one had bothered to call him.

Hearing the someone typing the code to the lair, Oliver picked up his bow from where it was laying and stepped into the shadows; quickly shutting off the lights. He wasn't expecting any visitors.

Diggle was still prying Amanda for information, and Roy had the night off. The only person that it could be was either Felicity- or worse, Slade.

Oliver saw Felicity tensely start down the stairs, pausing in confusion. With Diggle so busy, and Roy ordered not to talk, Oliver highly doubted Felicity knew what was going on. Roy had texted him that she was awake, and back at her place.