Chapter 28

Bree nodded to something Tasha said, before she could stand up, I held on to her arm, and raised an eyebrow, as in 'what'. But she just continued walking as well as Leo, Jasmin and Luke.
Of course I'm hurt that my own older sister just ignored me.. But I should just let go..
I wheeled myself over to where everyone was, Tasha pointed to the camera, as Mr. Davenport went over to it to click the timer button.
I nodded, as I went in position.
The camera flashed a couple of times, and took a few pictures.

Bree P.O.V

Dad and Leo carried all the gifts to the couch.
I began opening my first gift. It was green and red, with a gold ribbon.
"I love it!" I hugged Leo as I put the charm bracelet on.

I went onto my second gift, it was wrapped in shiny gold gift wrapping paper, with a silver ribbon.
The first thing I saw in it, was a note, I didn't know what to look at first, the note, or the gift. So I just decided, the note. I softly began reading it in my mind.

Dear Bree,
Merry Christmas, I know this might not be the best gift, and I could have done better, but I really thought this could help...
Your Brother,
Chase .D.

I took the gift out, it was the cutest frame ever, shiny silver, covered in pink polka dots. There was a picture inside... Everyone was in the picture... Even the boy in my dreams! What was it... Adam?

"Thanks Chase, I really love it." I gave Chase a short hug from the side. "Dad... Who's Adam...?" I mumbled out loud, "the boy in my dreams.."
"What did you just say?" Mr. Davenport rushed over, shocked.
"Never mind..." I whispered.

After everyone was done opening their gifts, hugging, and thanking each other. Dad, and mom started talking to each other, so did Luke, Leo, Jasmin and me. I just realized that Chase isn't here... He didn't open any of his gifts... He opened some of them.. But one of them wasn't there..

"Where's Chase?" Jasmin took the words right out of my mouth.
"The usual place... Probably.." Leo replied.
"The what?" I asked confused, "what's the usual place..?"
"The usual place is... His.. Room... Which is currently locked.. So no one can enter.." Luke stammered.