Chapter 21

Jasmin P.O.V

I shot my eyes open, and sat up on my bed extra quiet, so Bree could still sleep, I don't have to worry about Luke, Leo and Chase, Luke and Leo because they're probably at school by now, since it's 8:46, and Chase because... Yea...
I put my arm cast strap over my shoulder as usual, and scootched myself down the stairs, and hit the butttons to enter the secret elevator to the lab.
I can't wait for Mr. Davenport to tell us the results of our injuries, surely we're all better, it's been over two weeks. I don't remember anything Mr. Davenport said about Bree though, and I'm not sure about Chase's hearing, but I'm sure his leg's fine.

''Mr. Daven-'' I stopped myself when I heard, Luke and Leo talking to him.

Shouldn't Luke and Leo be at school? I kept myself steady and quiet, hiding behind the steal door, which was currently open for some reason... I'm not evesdropping.... I'm just listening to what someone is saying when I'm probably not supposed to..

''I can't give there bionics back... There's too much risk of something bad happening to them...'' I heard Mr. Davenport say.
''Big D, come on, quit being such a baby. Can't you test their chips on them first?'' Leo said in a confident voice.
''I told you, I can't, it's too risk taking. If you had to do something risk taking like that, would you do it?'' Mr. Davenport tested, ''Okay.... Don't answer that..'' I'm pretty sure he figured out the answer.
''Why can't you? What's wrong with them?'' Luke got to the point.
''All their injuries have something to do with around their neck, Chase, with his hearing, Bree with her brain, and Jasmin with her arm. I'm sorry but they might never get their bionics back, it isn't in my hands.'' Mr. Davenport explained.
''Well technically there is..''
''There's a 10% chance they could make it...'' Luke added staring at one of the laptops.
''What about the other ninety%?'' Leo asked.
''.... They disintigrate...'' 

No more missions... No more bionics.... No more saving the world... He can't do this to us! There has to be another way.... It's not fair... Bree's memory will be lost forever... So will Chase's hearing... And my arm.... What's wrong with it...? It's not fair... It's not fair.. It's not fair. 

''I'm going to have to give Leo bionics....''
''Yes!'' Leo exclaimed excitedly, everyone stared at him in awe, ''Yes... That there's a chance that they make it..'' he saved himself.
''I'm going to have to give Leo a bionic arm... Luke... If you'll be my assistant in creating a bionic chip for his shoulder a bit later.... I can't believe I'm even thinking of giving Leo bionics..'' Mr. Davenport muttered to himself.
''Am I going to get one of those tube boxes?'' Leo began hopping around Mr. Davenport
''They're high-tech capsules, anything but tube boxes!'' Mr. Davenport sounded irritating.

I can't belive this is happening, I need my bionics... I need to be a superhuman again... I need to go on missions... That's all I want.. That's all I want so desperately, and I'm pretty sure Chase does too... And Bree if she actually knows what's going on..