Chapter 22

Chase P.O.V

I felt a cold hand rub my shoulder softly, I didn't agree to open my eyes and jut shook my head away, then finally I opened my eyes to see Jasmin crying. I quickly sat up, with a look of awe and worry on my face. Is she okay?

''We're never getting them back...'' she seemed to be whispering, ''I heard Mr. Davenport say, we're never getting our bionics back..'' 
I'm so confused.
''Why not...? Hey.. Calm down...''
''I don't know...'' she shook her head trying to remember, ''Something about... our injuries having something to do with our necks...''
''What does that have to do with anything...'' I thought out loud, then it hit me.
''Nothing... Except... Our bionic chips...'' she began calming down a bit.

I wouldn't understand anything that was going on with our injuries without my super intelligence, I really want to understand, if I had my bionic chip, I'd be able to fix all of us.... But I don't and Mr. Davenport would never let me, thinking about what Jasmin just told me.

''Is he going to let us have a test try?'' I asked.
''Nope... He said that it's too risk taking..''
''Mr. Davenport... He has to stop being a baby..''
''That's exactly what Leo said to Mr. Davenport,'' Jasmin smiled a little.
''We could do something about this...''
Jasmin tilted her head to the left, a bit confused.
''When we're a bit more recovered we could take the risk that Mr. Davenport isn't willing to take... We have to try at some point... We can't always be stuck in places not knowing what to do, and not willing to do anything anyways..'' I thought out loud.

Since this accident, Mr. Davenport and Tasha have been babying me a lot... I appriciate all the kindness and everything... But I really want to be treated like I used to be... I mean... Other than being thrown around, and being insulted because of my height... I really just want to be myself again.

''I like it...'' she smirked, ''After christmas, maybe...''