Chapter 8

Bree P.O.V

Dad took me downstairs, he said it was some kind of family reunion, to meet Chase, Leo.. And... Tasha.. I think. I'm really nervous to meet them... Maybe they don't like me..

"Bree, this is Chase... Chase, Leo, Jasmin... And your mom.. Tasha.." Dad explained, "Jasmin and Chase were in the car accident with you.. Chase has memory loss and a broken leg.. Just to assure you.. And Jasmin has a broken arm.. Are you sure you don't remember anything..? Oh and last thing, Luke and Jasmin are just kids that live with us... Jasmin's your best friend.."
I nodded nervously, Jasmin smiled at me, I gave her a shy smile back. Leo does seem really familiar... Luke seemed really nice, he'd always smile at me, and my cheeks would always go light pink. Does that mean I like him?

Chase kept looking at everyone's mouths when they talked... Probably because he can't hear..

"Hi..." I whispered.
"In two weeks you'll start having a tutor, she's super nice, and I already explained about the accident.." Dad said, then everyone went quiet, "then Bree, when you're ready.. I'll set the three of you off to school.."

We sat at the kitchen counter, then a thought hit me.. What is a school?
I was sitting next to Jasmin and Leo.
"What's school?" I turned to Leo.
"You don't know what..- boy.. You have a lot to learn.." Leo called me a boy?
"I'm not a boy... I'm a girl.." I replied.
"It's just an expression.." he tried explaining, but I didn't know what that meant either.
"What's an expression?" I asked.
"It's just a thing that-Good question... I never thought of it like that.." Leo began thinking hard.
Does that mean he has memory loss too?