Chapter Diecinueve ~ C. A. L. M

someone almost hit me in the ankles with their cart. like really? and this chapter is dedicated to ash_cal_cashton who's comment was so sweet! please go read their book "CRUSH BULLY", it's got me messed up :,).
but, anyways, kind of long chapter, i hope you enjoy!! :))
______________________✍️

Calum's pov

-

I woke up to the warm and comfortable feeling of Michael's arms around me. When I opened my eyes and realized where we were, I sat up quickly, waking Michael.

"Cal you ok- oh my gosh, we fell asleep out here."

"Yeah, oops. Let's get going. My parents don't know where I was. Damnit. I am in so much trouble."

"You'll be fine. I'll probably be fine if my mom had a shift."

"Of course, but honestly, it was worth it."

"Yes it was." He smiled at me and he pulled face closer to him, kissing me. Yeah, we both had morning breath, but I didn't really care. We both ate mints last night because we got hungry, even though he brought a picnic. While we were packing up though, I got a call. I found it, and saw it was Luke. Which was a little weird, because he doesn't really call me.

"CALUM OH MY GOD!" What the hell happened.

"Luke? Are you okay? Where's Ashton?" I knew that Ashton was hanging out with Luke yesterday, and why else would he call me yelling.

"I WENT BACK TO ASHTON'S HOUSE TO RETURN HIS PHONE AND WHEN I WALKED IN SOME OLD FAT DUDE WAS ON TOP OF HIM, BEATING HIM TO A PULP! HE'S IN MY BACKSEAT BLACKED OUT AND BLOODIED! I'M DRIVING TO THE HOSPITAL RIGHT NOW! MEET ME THERE! PLEASE!" Apparently Michael heard him because he looked at me with the angriest face I've ever seen.

"I'll be there in 5." After that he hung up, and I grabbed everything faster than I've ever done anything before.

When we got in the car, Michael stepped on it.

"I swear to god. I'm going to kill that lousy piece of shít."

"Just calm down Mike. I'm going to call his mom and I'll tell her everything, and then she'll decide what to do from there. Okay?" In situations like these, it's good for at least one person to be calm.

So, before Michael didn't listen to me, I called Ashton's mom. After 5 rings, she picked up.

"Oh my gosh, Anne."

"I'm sorry, this actually isn't Anne. This is her coworker Sarah."

"Um okay, hi Sarah. Where's Anne? I thought she was supposed to be home right now?"

"Well, she was called back into work for another trip. It was supposed to be for tomorrow, but they called her back today. And where she was going, she couldn't take her phone, so she's going to be gone for a month."

"NO! She can't be!"

"I'm so sorry sir. I can try and reach her, but not likely."

"UGH! I GOTTA GO, THIS FUCKÍNG SUCKS! I'M SORY SARAH, THIS IS MISDIRECTED ANGER! HAVE A GOOD DAY!" After that I hung up, because if not, I would've cursed her out even though she didn't do anything.

"His mom is on some trip that's going to be a month long with no form of communication!"

"What the fūck! He's going to be dead by then if we don't get into contact with her!"

"No, it's fine. He'll just stay with either me or Luke. He doesn't have to stay with that piece of shït. We'll be fine."

By the time that Michael and I were, sort of, calm, we got to the hospital.

When we walked into the emergency entrance, we saw Luke. When he looked up at us, you could tell he had been crying. His eyes were red and puffy, and you could see the streams of tears that were once there but were drying.

"Cal! Mike! They took him back but wouldn't let me go with them. He looked awful. When I got there, he seemed so helpless. I wish I would've been there at least 1 minute before."

"Hey Luke, don't blame yourself. This has, sadly, happened before. He's going to be fine though, he's a tough cookie."

"So, where were you guys? You took longer than 5 minutes." He said with a slight smile. I was just happy that he was calming down a little.

"The woods." He gave Mike a weird look at that answer, but he kept talking before Luke could ask. "We were watching the stars last night and fell asleep."

"Oh okay, that's cute. So, how was the date as a whole though?"

Michael turned to me with a smile on his face, throwing Luke's question at me. "I don't know babe, you tell him how it was for you."

"Wait guys, babe?"

"Oh yeah. Michael asked me to be his boyfriend last night. We just both know the strong feelings we had for each other were real. So we didn't want to wait." After I said that, Luke became deep in his thoughts, so Mike and I left him alone. We had been sitting there for a while when a doctor came out asking who was there for Ashton Irwin.

Luke immediately jumped up, and the doctor approached us. "Okay boys. So, he's going to be fine, but he's got bruising basically everywhere. He's going to need to be on bed rest for the next week, and then he'll have to take it easy after that until he feels 100 percent. He's awake, and I already told him all of this. So, one person can visit at a time for now. Mike and I both looked at Luke, and he just smiled at the both of us, as a thank you.

-

Luke's pov

-

When I walked into Ashton's room, I wanted to cry again. He looked so dead, but happy at the same time.

"Hey there. How you feelin?"

He pulled me closer to himself and grabbed my face. "Have you been crying?"

"That's not important. How are you feeling?"

"Just a little sore. But I'm okay not that your here. Wait, I'm sorry, that was cringey, wasn't it-"

Before he could keep rambling I gently grabbed his face and kissed him.

We pulled away after a few seconds and I rested my forehead against his. "I was so worried about you. Don't do that to me ever again."

"I'll try not to." After he said that, he flashed me that smile that made my heart soar. At that point, I knew that what I felt was real... just like Calum said.

"Would you do me the honor of being my boyfriend? I know that usually you go on a date, or even a few first, but I already know how I feel about you, I'm just hoping you do too-" he grabbed my face and kissed me again, making me respond quickly.

After we pulled away, he said the only words I wanted to hear.

"I would love to."

_______________________✍️
that happened. i have way too many ideas, it's honestly too much. but question, what do you think about the michael twitter situation? his apology? lmk. please comment and vote if you enjoyed!! love you! <3