Chapter Tres ~ Ash

Ashton's pov

-

After lunch, Cal and I walked to our 5th period, art. We had all of the same classes together up until 6th. We had already done all of the classes we needed as sophomores and juniors so we were just taking easy classes now.

For 6th period, Cal had soccer, and since I don't have an athletic bone in my body, I have study hall. I figured that I would sneak out to watch Cal practice though, because who actually wants to have study hall, ew. And plus, the librarian really likes me, and I have had straight A's since I got to this school, so she wouldn't really care.

-

After 5th Cal left me to go to the locker room to get changed for practice. I know he wouldn't admit it, but he was the best player on the team. Which is why when I would go to the games, I would tell him that I would only be going to watch Luke. He realized that was a lie after I showed up to one of his games with a sign that said "CALUM I LOVE YOU".

He knows that I would always be a bigger fan of him than Luke. But I mean it doesn't hurt to watch Luke when he lifts his jersey to wipe his sweat. I started daydreaming of Luke playing, so while I was turning the corner heading to the field, I walked into someone sending me to floor on my äss.

After looking up, I was met with those ocean blue eyes that mesmerized me.

"Next time watch where your going. But are you ok?". He asked me with an annoyed tone while giving me a hand to help me up. After I stood up I brushed myself off.

"Sorry I was distracted, and yeah I'm good, I just got a flat äss, so nothing to catch my fall with."

"That's not true- I mean yeah makes sense". I noticed he was blushing which made me smirk to myself.

"Well thank you Lucas, but I better get going to watch the best player on the soccer team."

"Number one, don't call me that I hate it-"

"That's why I said it, but continue."

"Okay then I'm annoyed that you know that, and, your friend Caleb right?"

"Are you serious. He's been on the team with you since you guys were both freshmen and you still can't remember his name?" After he had a confused look on his face, I just shoved past him and continued to the field.

-

I knew for a fact while watching this practice that Calum should've been the captain and not Luke. Luke was late, and Calum was so much better than him. I knew a lot about soccer too because Calum couldn't stand the fact that I didn't know anything while watching him play. So if I could play, I would probably be on the team, but here I am, on the bleachers.

While watching, I noticed that Calum kept staring at Michael, Luke's best friend. I only knew of him because he was in my music class, and he was actually pretty good.

The funny thing was, was that Michael would stare at Calum when he wasn't looking. It was obvious that they liked each other, but Calum is pretty oblivious and I don't really know Michael that well.

The coach noticed I was there after I cheered for Calum when he "scored a goal", he told that that's what it was called after I asked him what it meant and why people cheered for him when he did that, and after that he told me to try and be quiet and to not distract the boys.

The only thing I knew was that a goal was good at that point. He told me that the team with the most goals at the end of the game would win, it seemed simple enough, but when I practiced with Calum, and was sore for 3 days, I realized that I couldn't of been more wrong.

When the practice was over Cal went to the locker room, and came back smelling better than sweat and with wet hair, I figured he showered.

"Wanna come over for dinner? Or are your parents home tonight?"

"It's only my dad so I would rather come to your house. I'll just text him later."

He wasn't really my dad, he was my stepdad and would always get drunk and loud when my mom went away on her business trips, so I avoided home when she was gone. I was an only child, so he would have the house all to himself.

"Okay, let's go then."

-

While we were driving to Cal's, he got a text, so I picked it up for him because I didn't feel like getting in a crash today and dying.

"Ummmm Calum, who's "McDonald's", because I'm pretty sure they don't text they're customers to make plans for the weekend."

"Oh uh, that's Michael from my team. I didn't feel like telling my parents, I mean, they know I'm bi, but I don't feel like telling them that I'm kind of going to start seeing someo-"

"AHHHHHH OH MY GOD CAL! I SAW YOU GUYS STARING AT EACH OTHER AND I DIDN'T KNOW IF ANYTHING WOULD COME OUT OF IT, BUT I WAS RIGHT, YOU GUYS WILL BE SO CUTE TOGETHER, HAH, YESS."

"Okay Ash, calm down dude, we haven't even been on one date."

"YOUR RIGHT, BUT STILL, YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO FALL IN LOVE, AND GET MARRIED, AND HAVE THE CUTEST BABIE-"

"ASH STOP IT. We haven't even been on one date, calm yourself."

"Okay fine, but when that all happens, you are getting the biggest I told you so in your life."

"I know I will." He said in the most sarcastic tone, even though I could definitely see all of that happening.

"But, did you notice the other captain staring at you the whole practice?"

"What? No. No he wasn't, I would've seen."

"I guess you don't see all of the staring that goes on then."

_____________________✍️

This has been the longest chapter so far. Over 1,000 words, yessss. But Ashton freaking out over Malum is me honestly. If you enjoyed please vote an comment, i'm going to be updating a lot because i have so much free time now lol <3