Chapter Trece ~ Ash + Cal + Mike

Okay, ngl, I am changing my whole lifestyle, and I already feel better and it's only been a few days, so heck yea. and school is almost over, so thank gosh. so thank you so much if you've made it this far and enjoy! :)

_____________________✍️

Michael's pov

-

After Calum and I had been watching tv for a couple hours together, he told me that we had to go pick up Ashton from Luke's because they had finished working on the project for the night.

We got to the car and drove to his house with my help because Cal didn't know where to go. When we got there Ashton came out pretty fast, confusing Cal and I. "Hey man, did Luke do anything to you?"

"No mike, he didn't do anything. I'm just really tired."

"You sure Ash?"

"I'm good Cal, I'm just gonna nap until we get to the house." Cal looked at me with a slightly worried, and I didn't know what to say, so I just responded with a shrug.

"Do you want me to take you home? Or are you sleeping over?" I started thinking over, because I wanted to cuddle, but I still had to plan out the date, and because of the project, I had enough info already.

"I need to plan out more things for our date, so take me home, my address is..."

-
Third Person pov
-

Cal was pulling into his own driveway about 25 minutes later. he turned around to see Ashton fast asleep. He got out, and went to Ashton's door to get him. Calum had realized that he was getting lighter than he was as he picked him up to carry him in the house. Calum went to his room and right as he was setting him on the bed, he started to stir.

"Hey Cal, what time is it?"

"It's about 7 o'clock. You tired?"

"No, I was just sleeping to avoid talking in front of Mike. He's great, don't get me wrong, but I don't trust him as much as I trust you" Ashton said while standing up.

"You don't even have to tell me that, I know ash, and I don't expect you to just trust him right away. But what happened? Did Luke actually do something?"

"He didn't do anything. He asked why I didn't live with my dad. And then I just started thinking about what happened, and, I mean, he's not my dad." Ashton had started talking faster and getting louder. Calum knew from that moment that this night would end in chocolate and Twilight, what they usually do when Ashton feels like this, it hadn't happened in a while though. "He's a step piece of crap, ugh, why does he do this to me? Do I deserve what he does to me? I probably do." By the time Ashton was done explaining, he was yelling and crying. Calum walked over to him and hugged him as he fell down on the bed again.

Calum just held him, trying not to cry himself. He was upset that he had done this so many times. He knew that Ashton deserved better and it was heartbreaking for him to be hearing his best friend like this again. "Ash, shh. You are the kindest person I have ever met. Of course you don't deserve that. He's just a piece of shít that has no life, so he wants to fućk up yours."

Ashton was calming down little by little, making Calum feel a little better.

"Ash, you wanna make it a chocolate and Twilight kind of night?" Calum expected Ashton to maybe roll his eyes or even chuckle a little, but not to start crying even harder like he did. "Hey hey hey, I know we haven't done it in a while, but we don't have to, I'm sorry." Calum had no idea as to why that made Ashton start crying even more.

"No it's not that. That sounds amazing, but I just can't."

"You can't what? Did I do something wrong?"

"No. It's just. I don't know. I can't." He was calming down again, making Calum feel better, but still confused. So Calum just hugged Ashton even tighter, making him realize how small he was. He could feel Ashton's ribs, scaring him. "Ashton?"

"Hm?"

"What's the last thing you ate?" At that question Calum felt Ashton become stiff and start stuttering.

"Well, uh, um, well, uh, I had pizza at Luke's", for as long as they had been friends, Ashton had been really bad at lying, and that hadn't changed.

"So if I texted Luke right now, and asked him, he would say that you ate?"

"Uh, yes."

As Calum stood up to grab his phone on his desk, Ashton panicked and jumped on Calum's back. The thing is, is that Calum didn't fall but just tripped a little. Calum held him up easily, proving that his worst fear was actually true.

"No Ashton. We stopped this when you came to my school. This can't be happening again." Calum had put Ashton down and was already tearing up while looking at him.

"I thought you started eating. You did. I know you did, you promised me." This caused Ashton to start crying again while mumbling small sorry's over and over again. They just stood there hugging each other while crying for 10 minutes until Calum pulled away and grabbed Ashton's face.

"Did the asshōle cause this again?" Causing Ashton to softly nod his head.

"Ashton, you are beautiful just the way you are. He's a fat asś piece of shít. I'm going to help you again, if you'll let me. I care about you, I don't want a repeat of before."

This made Ashton feel bad that he let himself get to be this way again. Which made him agree with a small and quiet yes. After Calum hugged Ashton again and wiped off both of their tears, he made them both small salads, because you always need to start off small. He was incredibly happy after Ashton actually kept it all down and then fell asleep.

Calum was incredibly grateful that he caught this a little bit earlier than the first time because at least this time, Ashton didn't fight him as much on eating. He also knew for a fact that this time he was going to make sure that Ashton kept to him promise.

_____________________✍️
Sorry this was kind of late, i've been feeling kind of weird lately. quarantine is really screwing me up, but i'm sore from working out too now lmao. so, if you enjoyed, please comment and vote, thank you so much!! <3