𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐞𝐭𝐞

L I A R

L I A R.
act 1, scene 17

"INÉS, I NEED you to answer me honestly. Do you know who killed Marina Nunier?"

She didn't need to answer. The Inspector already knew what she would say.

"."

──── A F T E R THE MURDER

REGAINING CONSCIOUSNESS MADE Inés feel like she was entering another dimension

REGAINING CONSCIOUSNESS MADE Inés feel like she was entering another dimension. Her head was throbbing and the sticky blood pooled beside her made her cringe.

Inés reached up to touch where she had hit her head, her eyes still adjusting to the light, but her eyebrows furrowed when she felt only a bruise. She hadn't cut her head when she fell.

The blood wasn't hers.

The sudden realisation made her scramble to her feet, but the lifeless body of Marina Nunier beside her made her cry out and sink back to her feet.

Polo had killed her.

"No, Marina." Inés whispered as she tried to wake her friend, but it was no use. "Shit, shit, shit!"

The string of curses left her lips as she wiped the blood from her hands onto her dress. Her phone buzzed from over by the window but her fight with Marina had ended up smashing the screen.

There was no way this would end well.

Polo could have been talking to the police for all she knew. He could be pinning it all on her.

Nano would be outside soon, and when neither Marina nor Inés showed to greet him, he would surely try to locate them and find the body.

And Samu. He would no doubt be looking for them both too.

Inés was fucked.