𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐯𝐞

L I A R

L I A R .
act 1, scene 9.

"WOULD YOU SAY Ventura Nunier's arrest affected your relationship with either of his children?"

The Inspector seemed to be able to read minds, as just as Inés began to question whether she would bring up the arrests, she did.

"Not really. It wasn't until later that things started to change."

"How much later?" The Inspector asked.

Inés bit her lip as she looked up at the older woman. "After my father was arrested too."

──── T W O MONTHS EARLIER

INÉS SHUDDERED AT the sound of her classmates gossiping as she rounded the corner into the room they all resided in

INÉS SHUDDERED AT the sound of her classmates gossiping as she rounded the corner into the room they all resided in. She was running late, after having to listen to her father's strict instructions of what she could and couldn't discuss with her friends on the car journey to school, and rushed to sit amongst them.

"It's pre-trial detention." She heard- Guzmán groan as she perched herself beside Ander on the table he sat on. "We pay bail and he's out."

"And how much is it?" Lu hummed. She broke her attention away from rubbing Guzmán's shoulders to send her best friend a short smile, one lacking in much meaning at all.

"Six hundred thousand." He sighed, locking eyes with Inés. She nodded at him in an attempt to reassure him everything would be fine, but he hung his head in his hands. "We'll pay this afternoon."

In truth, Inés was utterly terrified. Last night she hadn't realised the true affects of what was happening and just how much danger it put her family in.

She was well aware of both the legal and illegal dealings her father was involved in, and now Ventura had been outed, the same could happen to Luis or Teo. And Inés couldn't bear to watch her friends' lives ruin before her eyes.

"What about the trial?" Polo asked. Guzmán was his best friend, and he and Inés were similar in ways they hardly knew. They just wanted the best for those they cared about.