𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞

L I A R

L I A R.
act 1, scene 15

IF THE INSPECTOR was going to try to arrest Inés for murdering Marina, she needed to find a plausible motive. And all of Madrid knew that Inés Almero had thousands of possible reasons to kill Marina Nunier.

That was why the Inspector had stopped asking herself why she would have killed her friend, but could she have done it.

Could Inés really have stomached hitting her friend over the head with a trophy and leave her to bleed out?

────O N E  MONTH BEFORE

INÉS' HEAD WAS spinning

INÉS' HEAD WAS spinning. By her second lesson of the day she was beginning to regret leaving to yell at Samu and Nano in such a hurry this morning. Having to keep the secret of knowing who was threatening to tear down yours and your best friends' family business and the fact that Marina Nunier was keeping her baby was hard enough on its own. It was even harder when you hadn't eaten anything in 24 hours.

"You look like shit." A voice called from down the hall, just as Inés was about to turn the corner.

"Gracias, Polo." She said with an insincere smile, turning around on her heels to look at the smirking boy with her middle finger held up proudly beside her face. He watched as she swayed slightly and held to the door frame for support, but he made no effort to help her.

"I wanted to say sorry for not sticking up for you the other day." He sighed.

Inés looked up with him in confusion. Polo was a very loyal person and he didn't change his mind very easily. Just like she would, when he set his mind on doing something, he always went through with it.

"If you're only apologising to get back in Carla's good books, don't bother." Inés scoffed, seeing right through his lies. They were very similar, so she knew he would be pulling the same stunt she would if their positions were swapped.