𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐯𝐞

L I A R

L I A R.
act 2, scene 1

THE DOOR CLOSED softly behind the Inspector as she entered, feeling a sense of familiarity as she looked over at Inés.

"I'm sorry you have to do this again." She mumbled as she took her seat opposite the girl. The Inspector must have thought Inés was running in circles, always looping back to a police inspection. But that was far from what the girl in question thought.

Inés was the guilty party avoiding conviction before. Now she was just as clueless as those who had been looking on from afar.

And that was even scarier.

──── T H R E E MONTHS EARLIER

THE SUMMER AFTER Marina Nunier was murdered was one Inés would never forget

Her friends all flew off to various places around the world, and with what felt like a constant target on her back, Inés found no comfort in remaining in Madrid. Of course she did, as her father was released from prison only days after Nano's arrest and he insisted on staying in the city to rebuild his reputation.

He didn't have his work cut out though, as his clients were too distracted with what had happened to Marina to remember the prior scandals. Her death had wiped away a clean slate for all 3 families involved.

The lack of vacations made Inés restless, but she compensated her extra time by spending the days when Carla was actually in the country around her house, occasionally joined by a few guests. Well, two in particular.

Christian had quickly replaced Polo in the three's outings, as Inés couldn't bare to be in the same room as him anymore. Even the mention of his name made her want to be sick, the guilt of covering what he had done swelling in her stomach each and every time his face crossed her mind.

Samuel was also a frequent companion of the two, Inés purely wanting to be with him but Carla and Christian insisting on keeping him close in order to conceal the truth for as long as possible.