𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐨𝐜𝐡𝐨

L I A R

L I A R .
act one finale.

"THANK YOU, MISS Almero. You're free to leave."

She had to do it. She knew she had to do it. It wasn't only her life she would be ruining if the police knew the truth; Polo would be done for too.

The pressing eyes of those waiting outside of the interrogation room burnt holes in Inés' head. She heard the muffled voices of the officers talking behind her. They had enough evidence now.

Inés felt like her life was playing in slow motion as she walked past those she considered her friends - some even family.

"Did you do it?" Carl whispered in her ear as the brunette came to a standstill by her side. All Inés could do was nod.

She looked over at Polo, who was biting his nails anxiously. "You're welcome." She mumbled bitterly.

The three stood side by side as they watched the officers talk amongst themselves in hushed voices before the Inspector nodded her head and the group disbanded.

It was over.

The Inspector pulled out her handcuffs and began walking towards the teenagers, making Inés' heartbeat rise.

She locked eyes with the older woman and was sure this was her time. Inés Almero was finally getting what was coming for her.

But the Inspector has other plans.

She walked past Inés with a polite nod, glancing over at Polo but continuing her walk. The brunette dropped the hand she never noticed she was holding. She was going to be okay. For now.

Escaping jail time was one thing, but escaping the guilt of locking up an innocent man was another.

"It's him." The Inspector nodded as she handed her handcuffs to one of the officers at her side. "You're under arrest for the murder of Marina Nunier."

Nano snapped his head up to meet Inés' eyes as the woman spoke of his fate, shaking his head rapidly. "It wasn't me, I swear!"

His pleads has no effect as the Inspector carried on with her procedure.

"Hold him tight." She mumbled as he began thrashing in the arms of those that were detaining him.

"How stupid are you people?" He hissed, pulling against his restraints. "They've set me up! The rich kids have had it out for me from the start! They did this!"

Inés looked away from Nano with a subtle flinch, one that didn't go unnoticed by Samuel.

"Do you have anything to say in your defence?" The Inspector continued, ignoring his accusations as he struggled in the officers' grip.

"It was Inés!" He shouted, "I know it was, I can prove it!"

The brunette gulped and quickly turned away from the prying eyes of her peers as they searched her for any hint of suspicion - but they found none at first glance.

She was quite a good liar.

"Take him away." The Inspector nodded after an endless silence, watching as the officers pulled a violent Nano away.

The older woman walked away from the scene and placed her hand on Inés' shoulder, a sad smile resting on her face.

"Thank you for your co-operation, Inés." She mumbled, rubbing gentle circles into her shoulder. "Your testimony was vital in finding the real killer."

Inés wished she could have spoken quieter, as Samuel's eyes lit up at the woman's words. "Oh..." The girl replied, feeling her cheeks turn a violent shade of pink.

"As promised, I'll see what I can do for your father." She smiled before patting Inés' back and walking away.

Carla and Polo stared at the girl with wide eyes, not sure as to exactly what Inés had said in the interrogation room. Before she could explain, however, she was dragged outside by an unseen force.

"What the fuck?" She hissed as she regained her balance outside the station, looking up to see Samu gazing down at her.

"I heard what the Inspector said to you." He frowned, glancing at his feet.

Inés felt trapped. The only thing she could think to do was turn on the waterworks - so she did. She would do anything to save herself.

"I'm so sorry, Samuel." She cried, leaning into his chest. The boy wasn't expecting that sort of reaction, especially after her actions at the dance, so it took him a minute to process her state and wrap his arms around her. "They said they would lock my father up for as long as they could if I didn't tell them it was Nano."

"I know." Samu nodded earnestly, to which Inés paused her sobbing and furrowed her eyebrows.

"What do you mean, 'you know'?" She mumbled, wiping at her tears and composing herself considerably.

"I told them it was him too." He frowned, turning his head away out of shame. "I was angry at him for sleeping with Marina. I just wanted to get back at him."

"Oh." Inés mumbled, resting her hand on Samu's cheek and turning his face towards her again. "It's for the best. The Nunier's deserve closure."

Samuel shook his head. "I don't think he did it."

If Inés has been drinking, she was sure she would have choked on her water.

"What do you mean?" She asked once more, feeling oddly helpless in a scenario of her own manufacture.

"I think someone else killed Marina." He sighed, "I know it sounds crazy but I need you to help me figure out who it actually was."

This was one of those unpredicted telenovela plot lines that made Inés wish the producers would just kill her off this season.

The only logical choice in Inés' mind was to agree with Samuel. That way she could control what he did and didn't find out about what truly happened. She could engineer the 'truth' once again.

Now, this was one of those plans that couldn't fail - even at Las Encinas, where every plan ever made seemed to fall through.

But Inés needed this. She needed to keep Samuel from knowing she was involved. She needed to protect Carla from going down as an accessory to murder.

"Valle."

One word. That was all it took to send Inés Almero's life spiralling to rock bottom.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
wow bitches,,, end of season 1!! what a ride. how we feeling? might take a little longer for the next chap to come out as i'd like to pre write a few but hopefully won't be tooooo long :)

thank u for reading so far u da best!! don't worry about having to change books, all season are going to be in this one xx keep living laughing and living uglies <<333