𝐬𝐢𝐞𝐭𝐞

L I A R

L I A R .
act 1, scene 7.

WHEN YOU HAVEN'T slept in days, there comes a point when you begin to break - when you can't stop your hands shaking, and you sweat, and your head starts spinning. You start to question everything.

The guilty ones believe they're innocent. The innocent ones start drafting their confession.

Inés Almero had passed that point a long time ago.

The girl sat before the Inspector had broken down before her eyes, but she continued to destroy her. Inés was the key to this whole investigation - and she knew it.

──── T H R E E MONTHS EARLIER

"CARLA!" INÉS COOED her best friend's name into her telephone as soon as the girl picked up her call

"Inés, it's six-thirty. What do you want?" The blonde groaned. Her voice was distorted by the speakers, but Inés could  hear the annoyance in her tone.

"Could I ride with you this morning?"

It wasn't unusual for her to carpool with the Rosón's, as they were more often than not passing her house anyway. Whenever her parents were away, she spent weeks flitting between spending the night at Carla's and Lu's houses - but she never as asked anything of them as unannounced as this.

Inés bit her lip and chewed on her nails as Carla remained silent on the other end of the line. She prayed that the blonde didn't suspect anything of her, which was borderline impossible anyway as she had only spoken two sentences.

"Okay." Carla hummed eventually, making Inés let out a huge sigh of relief.

"Okay," She repeated, mostly herself to reassure her that her plan was going well. "I'll be to your house for eight."

A final "Ciao." was grumbled down the phone before the call was ended. Inés flopped down onto her bed, holding her mobile to her chest as she steadied her breathing. Everything was going accordingly. She was fine.