Second Muster: Chapter 37

***

***

The king feels anxious right when Yeora dips her body in the water. The elder mervampires gather around her. It was the only solution the merprince could think of. If anyone could bring her memories back, it would be these mervampire elderlies. Yeora seems excited to say the least. Missing the majority of her memories doesn't seem to complete her. Though she finally understood her love for the king, she still feels uneasy. Like something is missing.

The sun has just set and the king together with Jungkook and Lisa waits by the lagoon's shore. The water is in the right temperature making Yeora relax a bit. She's neither nervous nor scared. She's excited and giddy. The elders acknowledges her presence and bows to her. The last time they saw her was when she's still a human. Now her prowess confirms where she stands and it's far above them. Far above any other vampire race and far above any other creature that's on earth.

They all held hands and close their eyes. The ritual will now begin, the lagoon once again lights up and so does their tales. Jungkook's head begins to ache as he listens to the mumblings of the elders. It draws power from him making his ears and nose bleed. He's confused why this is happening, it never occured before. Jimin assists him as he realizes what's happening. Lisa's eyes turns complete white. Like something has possessed her and looks up at the moon.

"Prince Jungkook is linked to the moon, she'll be coming," Lisa says absently.

Jungkook screams in agony, falling to the ground, he looks up at the moon.

"Jungkook, what's happening," the king ask in alarm.

Opposite to what's happening to Jungkook, Yeora seems fairly okay. She's not in pain but the way Jungkook screams makes her uneasy. She knows what's happening to Jungkook. He is cursed, he owes his life to her and she'll be coming to get the payment.

Her memories comes back slowly, little by little. A faint pain in her head is the only thing that she can feel. The chants become louder, Jungkook loses his consciousness and falls limply on Jimin's arms. Lisa comes back to her senses and looks down at Jungkook. She falls to her knees and assists the king. Meanwhile, Yeora floats on the water, sacred water enters her system making her ruby eyes blue. The same shade as Taehyung's, he can hear her from where he is, perched on top of the tree. He's just observing, guarding and waiting for something to happen.

Yeora opens her now violet eyes. The water energy and her red eyes mixes. Her memories are back. But then her stomach clenches inside making her limp. Blood starts to mix in with water and an elderly sees it, alarmed why she's bleeding. Then she gasps in realization.

"Your majesty, it seems like you have lost a child," she says, swimming to her in assistance.

"What?" Yeora questions with a shaky voice.

Jimin hears it and gives Jungkook to Lisa. Afraid that they might reveal something that will further worsen the situation. Yeora learning about their lost child won't be of any help. It will only put her in more stress than she already is. It woulf be too much for her to handle. Who knew what she might do.

"Bring her to me," he commands.

"What do you mean I lost a child? I was never pregnant," Yeora asks in confusion and panic.

Another wave of pain overcomes her and she screams more.

"Bring them both to the castle," the king calls for Taehyung.

After arriving at the castle, Jin is already tending to Yeora. Her bleeding hasn't stopped and he seems hasty.

"What's wrong?" the king ask the royal doctor.

"Jungkook is in danger and Yeora is losing so much blood your majesty. We don't have enough work force," Jin states.

Jimin clenches his teeth. How he wish Yoongi or Jennie is still here. They set out early in yhe morning ti search for clues where The Havens is, Yeora decides to let them go, she needs all the help she could get.

"What do they mean Jimin? What child?" Yeora asks.

"Let's not talk about it now okay?" Jimin sooths but Yeora is persistent.

"I said what CHILD?!" Yeora becomes angry.

Jimin keeoing it from her makes her annoyed and angry all at the same time. Her mind is going crazy at the thoughy and her hands are clenched too tight. Too tight that she might rio her own skin. Jimin sighs, everyone in the room jumps in surprise at ger outburst. Before he could even answer, Taehyung enters.

"Your highness, you need to eat. You'll die if this continues," he says handing her a new born.

Yeora didn't even thought about it and did as she is told. After finishing her meal, she regains almost all her strength but the pain still lingers.

"You need to tell me what happened," she focuses on Jimin.

He didn't waste any more timr and finally confesses.

"Mihyeon killed our child wuthout you even knowing you were carrying one," he finally said it.

Everything seemed to stop around Yeora, the pain she felt became numb. Rage starts to fill her to the brim.

"What?" she whisper dangerously.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there when you needed me. I'll do everything in my power to—"

"Where is she?" she cuts him off.

Jimin frowns. "Will you please calm down and get some rest first. We can deal with her later,"

Fire is evident in her eyes and the way her face goes blank actually scares the king. She has every right to be mad. Her child was killed before even knowing the existence. And now that she has her memories back, she vividly remembers everythung Mihyeon had out her through. She stands up, adreline coursing through her body.

"If you will not tell me where she is, I will find her,"

And she's gone like thin air. In just 3 seconds, Mihyoeon's scream echoes through the castle walls.

•••

Unedited