Preface(part 1)

Hey guys!(;

This will be my first book I have written. I have been working on it for a couple of months and I didn't know of any website where I could post my story until now.

I apologize if there are any grammar and spelling mistakes. In fact I am looking for someone who can proof read my chapters. Please let me know if you are interested. Another thing I am looking for is those creative minds who create book covers, please help me out.

This is just part one of the preface and please comment or vote, if you want to that is. I don't want to be one of those writers where they force you to vote and comment before uploading a new chapter.

So that's about it, thanks guys!(;

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Preface(part 1)  

I watched as my baby girl stood at the window smiling as each drop slowly made its way down the window. She stretched up and placed her little finger on the interior of the window following the rain drop pattern. My heart thudded with joy at seeing her young and inquisitive side coming out. She was barely two and she already had such a curious mind.    

"She's a gorgeous one. Just watching her at such a young age and I already know that she is destined for greater things than any ordinary child." I smiled at my mother's words, feeling pride in my little angel.  

"AJanae is just a child. How could you possibly say such things?" I laughed, convinced that her theory was only based on the fact that AJanae was her beloved granddaughter and nothing more.  

"Natalie your daughter is special. She is gifted. I don't know how I know it but I just do. She will accomplish great things one day." she spoke with such confidence and certainty in her voice it was difficult to question her.

My eyes wandered back to little AJanae who was now pressing her left hand up against the window obviously trying to catch the rain. I was about to reply when the front door swung open and my husband barged in. He was looking panicked and immediately I rushed to his side, but little AJanae had beat me to it.  

"Daddy!" she cried, hugging onto his leg.  

"Sweetheart daddy is busy. Go play with Markie." he frowned and nudged her off his leg.  

"But daddy I want to play with you. Markie is sleeping." she cuddled up against his leg again.  

"I know Darling but daddy needs to speak to mommy." he lifted her into his arms and placed her back by the window without even acknowledging her.   I knew the reason for this, Hayden had never wanted a child and now that we had one he took out all his blame on my poor little baby and as much as he tried pushing her away she always would be affectionate towards him, she even went as far as watching the window, waiting for his return.  

"But daddy-"  

"No AJanae! Daddy's busy!" he ignored her and turned to me with irritable eyes. I could tell that something serious was about to happen and even though I was scared to hear the reason behind his anxious voice face I knew I had to step in.  

"Love go play with Gran. Daddy will come in a little while." I ushered her towards my mother but not before kissing her soft cheek. I watched as she placed her tiny hand in my mother's before she walked away. Then I turned to my husband, "Hayden, what is going on?" I put bluntly.