Chapter 24: Breathe Again

AJane's POV:

I stare out the window and watch as the trees pass me by. I really have no idea what it is Falcon plans on doing for the rest of this Saturday afternoon and I don't ask because frankly I don't care much. Gran had me worried and she was the only thing on my mind at the moment.

Falcon glances to me from the corner of his eyes, "You know Nova, I always thought that you were that perfect, gentle, angelic, compassionate goody two shoes type, but lately I have been seeing a whole new side to you. You are still all those things that I mentioned but you also have a dark side." I see the corner of his mouth move upward into a smirk.

Of course I had a dark side...

"Well I never claimed too be the perfect angel that you first described, you assumed that. I am far from perfect and I make mistakes like any living human being. Sorry if that my dark side displeases you." I say dramatically before rolling my eyes.

"Displease me? Quite the contrary, in actual fact I think I have a thing for the fiery spirited side of you." he teases and purposely turns his face off the road to send me a wink. "But seriously you enjoy taking the male population's dignity way. Speaking in terms other than making them weak in their knees with you ravishing genes." he adds just to get under my skin.

"Falcon?" I ask, trying to feel annoyed at his statement but in actual fact I was biting back a giggle.

"That's my name." he flashes me his kilowatt smile.

"Shut up." I finish but end up laughing anyways. He was succeeding in diverting my attention off of my gran.

"There you go into your dark side again, all riled up an ready to pounce on your next victim. All I am saying is that it seems to me as if you enjoy punching people in the face. I certainly didn't take you as that type, but then again you are always so dam unpredictable." he explains, purposely trying to get a reaction out of me and although I was agitated he was in actual fact evening me out so that my mind drifted off of the blue eyes streaked with tears.

"I don't enjoy punching people in the face Falcon." I state with conviction. "You're the only exception." I mutter under my breath.

He cups his hear, pretending not to have heard but I know better, "What was that?"

"Nothing." I answer innocently and bat my eyelashes.

"That's what I thought." he says sternly but I hear him chuckle softly in any case. 

"So Falcon I feel as if I shared with you more than I should have. I think its fair game if you begin to squabble your past now." I say, keeping our conversation going, not that it was needed since it was so easy to speak to Falcon, when he wasn't having his usual mood swings that is.

He laughs out loudly and glances my way for a brief second. He notices I am not laughing at all so he stops, "Let's leave my past for another day, like never or maybe if you manage to get me drunk or drugged up I might spill, but until that day comes I want to remain a mystery. I know you girls dig that stuff." he jokes, but I know what he's doing.

He's joking but inside he's hiding. I drop the subject for now realizing how much he'd done that for me, I owe him the same respect in return.

"As tempting as that sounds I think I'll pass up the offer until never comes." I reply sarcastically.

He lets out a low whistle, "Nova you sound like a keeper."

I smile and go back to watching the green trees pass me by. I'm not even in my right mind when I get out and follow Falcon up the narrows dirt pathway. We reach the centre of what seems to be a forest or plantation, either way we were enclosed by nothing but trees and their shade.