Chapter 26: Three, Two...Fill In The Blank

AJanae's POV:

I stare at him blankly, wondering what made him think that he owned me, "That man I was talking to he-"

Falcon throws his head back and laughs. Once he stops I narrow my eyes at him in a pointed stare. "Oh come on." he elbows me. I glance at him with a questioning stare, not understanding where his humour was coming from. "You weren't talking to anyone. I didn't see any man." he informs me.

A wave off fear courses through my veins at his words. "You didn't see anyone?" I blink in shock. He shakes his head but stares at me as if he knows I am hiding something.

"Wait! Did you see-"

"No." I lie too quickly. "Just a joke." I try to smile but I am failing because it seems to me as if everything is spinning right now. 

Falcon puts a hand on my shoulder in order to keep me balanced because I almost lose my footing, "Careful there. You okay?" he questions as I lean my weight on him, feeling light headed.

No

"Yes." I say and swallow down all I am feeling. I step away from his support, determined to be independent.

"You went all ninja back there. I am surprised you didn't break anything. What were you thinking?" he frowns and studies me.

"I-I don't know." I lie, nervousness welling up in me when I see the disbelieving look in his eyes. 

He grabs my hand and pulls me along side him to a secluded part of the beach. I try to get him to release his grasp on me but he only tightens it. Seems as if I don't have a 'say' in this...

Fouries POV:

"I-I don't know." she sputters nervously.

I know she's lying to me. I clench my fingers around her wrist and force her to follow me. My eyes spot a neglected area not too far way from the competition. I force her to sit on the sand beside me. "You're lying to me." I say clearly as I level my face with hers. She doesn't respond back, confirming my suspicions. I sigh, aware of how stubborn she can be, "Look AJanae if you're in danger you need to tell me. You've been acting really weird and I know something is up. I can help so just let me know what's going on." I plead.

If something were to happen to her Mitch would rip me to pieces. I gave my word to protect her but I can't do that if she's with holding valuable information from me.

Her mask of emotions returns. I hate it when she does that. I don't know what she is thinking. I can't even read her. I can't tell if she is lying or not, but most importantly I can't tell what she's feeling. "It doesn't matter, it's nothing." she whispers tenderly.

I groan in frustration, this might take longer than I had hoped, "AJanae please. Just tell me what's going on. You owe me that much." I say attentively.

She averts eye contact and for a split second I see fear in her eyes before it's all covered up once again. "I think I am imagining things." she finally starts to open up. I nod, indicating for her to continue. "Mitch told me about the suspicion that the killer was the man with the beige hoodie caught on camera, which made me think back to the moment that the person bumped into me at the carnival." she explains. "It was him. But now I am starting to think I am going crazy because I saw him now in the same beige hoodie but you said you didn't see him."

When I arrived next to her I saw her staring in front of her, but there was no one there. What if she really is losing her mind? I chuckle, "Maybe it was all a magical illusion." I tease, flapping my hands in the air.

She crosses her arms with a glower, "Falcon I am serious right now."

Maybe mocking her was pushing it a little far. I gesture with a twirl of my hand, "Please do proceed on."