Chapter 44: The Final Cross Over to Blood

Not yet edited!

Chad's POV:

 "What are you two doing here?" I ask the brunettes appearing before me.

"Back up. Nah duh." Farrah answers, rolling her eyes as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. She always did have an attitude on her. That's why her and that cheeky bastard Faze make the ultimate couple.

 "No back up needed." I reply, gesturing to the floors stained with bodies and a bloody mess in general really. "Things are under control now."

 We'd fought our way through strongly, making it past the main hallways and near the mainframe as planned. I guess acting on anger has it's up sides. We became even more unstoppable when the wolves lost it, having realized their alpha passed, or so I assume by the way they continued to howl in remorse for a good couple minutes before upping their game and destroying every vampire in sight. Werewolves have a special connection to their alpha and seem to know exactly when their alpha dies. There's no doubt that the alpha is dead. That kid, Slate's dad, is dead. It's tragic, but I can't say I never expected it. Life is shit. We were bound to lose many.

 "Been busy, have you?" Faze comes to stand beside his girlfriend, deciding that now was the time to make jokes.  He's always been the one to take things way too lightly.

 It's only then that I notice someone missing. I raise my eyebrow at the two of them, "Where's Denver?" I question, having already knowing the answer but hoping to be wrong.

 Farrah glances away at the subject being brought up whilst Faze replies as bluntly as ever, "He's dead." Faze had never been one to beat around the bush or sugar coat things. He said things like they were. I respected him for that.

 I drop my head for a little while, paying my silent respects for my friend and comrade Denver. Thinking about losing so many brings me back to the thought as I ask aloud, "Have either of you seen my brother? I just want to know if the bomb's been planets successfully."

 I don't miss the glance that Farrah and Faze share not too discreetly before Farrah's gold eyes meet my own in a  frown, "Good news or bad news first?" she asks hesitantly. I'm about to answer, but being it Farrah, she cuts me off and answers for me, starting with good, "The bomb has definitely been planted. Faze and I would know. Faze armed it, we have about half an hour to get out before it goes off so we should get moving in a bit. "

 "And the bad news?" I ask, suspicious and all too inquisitive to hear whatever it is they were keeping from me. I'm dreading hearing it, fearing the worst.

 "Your brother was never on your side. He didn't plant the bomb. We did. We believe he's been on Hayden's side along. He even set up a trap for Faze, Denver and I." Farrah explains as doubt creeps into my eyes at the revelation of her words. I begin shaking my head, trying to deny the fact, but it's when Farrah places a comforting hand on my shoulder that I realize she's being honest, "I'm sorry Chad. I really wanted to believe the best of him."

 Fury fills my veins with the loss of loyalty from my own flesh and blood. I sigh, grumbling a few curse words beneath my breath, "I should have expected it." I mutter, "After all...once a monster, always a monster. I wanted to believe he changed. I was wrong." My eyes blaze up in anguish as I glance back to Faze, "Where is he now?"

 I'll make sure that he's punished for betraying us.

 Now I know why I was feeling so uneasy about his plan, it's because deep down I knew Fourie was hiding something...that he couldn't be trusted.

 He can never be trusted.

 He'd said so himself once, but I failed to pick up the underlining message.