Chapter 15: Gotcha!

AJanae's POV:

Run

I push past the trees, looking for the clearing. The footsteps echoing around me only force me to run all the more faster.

Run

"Nova Blood I could do this all day." the voice says in a venomous tone.

I pick up my speed despite the burning sensation I feel in my calves.  I see the clearing up ahead and I just know that if I reach it, I'll be safe.

Run

Only about two metres away now. 

A few steps away.

A step away.

I am slammed to the floor before being kicked repeatedly in my ribs.

Cool grey eyes come into view. The kind that becomes imprinted into your memory so that you never forget the cruelty you see in those eyes.

"Gotcha." he says before his hands bind around my throat.

I gasp and jolt up in fear, hitting my head against the living room table in the process. It takes a moment for me to realize where I am. My heart is racing and the room feels as if it's spinning. I breath in slowly, count to five, and then release the breath in order to calm myself down. I drop my head in my hands, trying to sooth the pain and fear that was stirring within me.

Gran enters the room with her usual morning ramblings, "AJanae I won't be home when you get back from school today because..." I hear her pause, as if she only takes in my crouched position on the sofa now, "AJ are you okay?" she asks affectionately with worry in her voice.

I lift my head to meet her blue eyes which resembled my own, "Yeah Gran. Don't worry about me. Just a headache." I reassure her and wave her off. She nods and reluctantly leaves the room to enter the kitchen. 

I follow her into the kitchen because I know that if I am isolated then I'd try to decipher what it is that I just dreamt about. Not wanting to ruin my own morning, nor gran's, I push all wavering thoughts about the nightmare to the back of my mind. "What was it that you were going to say Gran?" I ask hesitantly.

She pops bread into the toaster and then turns to me with a smile, "I won't be home this afternoon. Visiting Lady. You remember her right?" Gran asks.

I nod because I most definitely remembered her. She was the one that seemed to know more about me than I knew about myself. The last time I had seen her, she and Gran had been acting out of character. They were hiding something, but I didn't want to get into any of that right now. "Yeah I remember her. Enjoy." I smile at her as I head to my room to go shower, wondering where Falcon disappeared too, but not really caring.

Fourie's POV:

"You the new guard?" I question, as I take in the fresh crisp scent of the morning. 

I am currently at the stadium, picking up AJanae's car on Mitch's request. I left her house about an hour ago, remembering everything from the previous night and how I should of gone home instead of staying over. I should have just faced Mitch and put up with his accusations, but I was so exhausted that I gave into the temptation in staying at Nova's house.

It was a mistake.

I don't have even consider her a friend. All she's done since she has arrived is mess up my life more than it already was. I wasn't in my right mind last night. I blame it on all the events of yesterday. It all screwed with my brain.