Chapter 33

*Another upload :D Sorry for any grammar errors! Happy reading :) *

Chapter 33

Paul stared down at me, shocked. 

“What do you mean you craved blood?” He asked slowly, eyes wide with shock and wariness. 

I looked away, not being able to bear the way he was looking at me right now. I could feel the disgust radiating from him.

“I mean I craved it, Paul,” I muttered, ashamed and angry. “There isn’t a double meaning to that. I wanted to drink it. I almost did.” 

Paul remained quiet for a moment before clearing his throat and taking a cleansing breath.

“Okay. So you want blood, that’s not a big deal,” he gulped, sounding like he was trying to convince himself of the fact. I gawked at him, and he ran a hand through his hair.

“Paul,” I stated his name like he’s stupid, “I wanted blood. How is that not a big deal?” I questioned, exasperated with his reaction.

“Well, you didn’t drink it, did you?” He looked to my face for confirmation, and looked relieved when I shook my head in agreement. “See? Not a big deal. I’ll help you with this...craving. Just tell me what to do. We can go on a fast food binge and make sure you’re never hungry,” he grinned at his idea.

I snorted, giving him my classic Kayla look. “Right, because I’ve just been itching to gain a couple pounds. And when I say a couple, I really mean a hundred,” I drawled, and he laughed at me.

“Okay, okay, so maybe that’s not the best idea. But you can resist this, whatever it is. I’ll help you, with whatever you need,” he stated, chest puffing out a little as he looked at me boldly. 

I smiled wanly at him, appreciating his enthusiasm in helping me. “You know what? I think I’ll take you up on that,” I smiled, but my mood swiftly plummeted when I realized the seriousness of my problem.

“Paul...” I began, and he looked down at me expectantly, his grin slowly falling off his face as he gazed at me. “If we do this... please, can we just keep all of this, all of what’s happening-and what will happen- to me, between us?” I asked, looking up at him hopefully. “I don’t want anyone else to know about this, about me...” I looked away, ashamed again.

Paul pulled me into a swift reassuring hug, squeezing my shoulders. “Of course, Kayla. No one has to know, not unless your life is in danger, I won’t tell a soul, not if you don’t want me to,” He conceded, and I squeeze him back in thanks.

After our talk in the library, Paul and I decided to grab a quick bite in the cafeteria before going back to our respected rooms, both of us not minding that it was four in the morning.

Paul, opening the door for me as we entered the cafeteria, laughed at the face I gave him because of his snarky remark.

We walked towards the buffet, still stocked with warm food, and I made a beeline for the steaming spaghetti that made my stomach growl. 

“Oh, I’ve been meaning to tell you, I’ve been trying to make sense of the prophecy, and I think I may have figured some things out,” Paul told me as we took our seats at a table. The cafeteria was basically empty, only a couple other shifters coming in and out as they grabbed their food. 

I raised an eyebrow at him as I took a bite of my food and couldn’t hold back the moan, the food was delicious. “Really? Wow, I haven’t even been able to take a breather it seems lately, let alone try to decode a prophecy,” I muttered, staking a leaf from my salad. “What have you figured out, then?” I peered at him as I chewed.