Chapter 17

The stadium was huge.

I glanced up at the architecture of the massive structure and could tell that a heck of a lot of money went into building it. It was incredibly big and modern, equipped with the finest materials and outdoor seating I had ever seen. From the outside, it looked like it was made out of pure glass, but once you walked inside you could see the artistic framework along the walls. 

I felt my palms sweat as I maneuvered my way through the pushy crowds, jumping every time someone brushed past me. The crowd was huge, and every time someone bumped into me I would think it was someone trying to grab hold of me. I was too paranoid for my own good, and I knew I needed to get myself together in order to get through the next couple of hours. 

As I kept walking towards the other end of the stadium, I thought about the plan ahead. It turned out that Luca requested help from some shifters that Paul and Tristan knew, so in total there was now ten of us, including myself and Sam. Tristan and Paul were entering from the east entrance while Elliot and Luca were coming in through the north gate. Luca’s assistant who had survived Landar’s attack was still on break and wasn’t able to join in on the plan. The new shifters that I had met briefly before were Sarah, Alek, Jay, and Finn. They were all entering through the west entrance, which left Sam and I to the south. 

From what I had gathered from my interaction before with the other shifters, I could tell they were hardcore fighters. They were trained in combat ranging from hand-to-hand to full out techniques in their true forms. They were amazing when they fought, so graceful and deadly. It would take a lot to take them down, especially when they fought together. Sarah shifted into a wolf, Alek a grizzly bear. Finn transformed into a rhino and Jay, my favorite, was a giant gorilla. And when I say he was my favorite, I mean’t both his personality and animal. A lot of people underestimate the power and sheer force a gorilla has, I know i certainly did. I was quickly put in my place however when I watched him take down Paul and hold his own against Alek. As for his personality, I loved it. He wasn’t overly confident in his powers, unlike Paul who was too arrogant for his own good. Jay also had a great sense of humor, one that I could relate too. He was both witty and sarcastic, a combination of myself and Sam. He also was very charming and friendly, and I admit that his looks caught my eyes the first time I saw him. They were all really nice and amazing fighters, and I glad they had agreed to help, even though it seemed a bit much.

I finally found the rest of the class sitting in the same section, and I quickly spotted out Sam sitting next to an empty seat. His dirty blond hair was a little on the messier side today, and as I made my way over to him I could tell his shoulders were tense. He kept touching and rubbing his face, a habit he always unconsciously did when he was either lying or nervous. A wave of sympathy and regret flowed through me as I took the seat next to him. I should have never let him do this.

“Sam, you don’t have to-” I began, but was cut off by Elliot’s voice echoing in my head from the ear piece.

“Don’t say anything, there’s a Rogue off to your left within hearing range. Stick to the plan.” Elliot’s voice was unnaturally gruff today, and I quickly glanced to my left to scope out the Rogue.

Sure enough, there was tall suspicious looking man with a black trench coat casually glancing in our direction every so often. It was pretty obvious he was hanging on to our every word, and I almost growled. I hated this. I hated them, and I hated that Sam was the bait. 

“Okay, Kayla baby, start cozying up to your pup.” Paul’s voice told me over the mic, and I could tell there was humor in his command. I glared at the opposite end of the stadium, where I knew Paul was sitting with Tristan. Paul could be so aggravating.