Chapter 14

**AUTHOR’S NOTE**

Hey guys! It’s summer! :)  I’d like to thank all of you who have become my fan, voted, and commented on my story. You guys make my day when I read all of your comments :). Here’s another chapter for you guys. I know I’ve messed up on some information, and after I’m done with the whole story I’m going to go back and edit it all so it all makes sense, but please bare with me! I’m writing this story with no real solid plan in mind, I’m going with a more “let’s see where it takes me” attitude...if that makes sense. 

And I’m curious, who do you guys want to end up with Kayla? It doesn’t have to be limited to Elliot or Sam. You never know, I may take your votes into consideration for the ending ;D  Let me know!

But anyways, enjoy guys! :)  ~~~

CHAPTER 14

“Who are you?” Sam questioned bluntly.

I sighed and placed my backpack on the lunch table as an overly cheerful Paul slammed down next to me.

“The name’s Paul, and I’m Kayla’s very special friend.” Paul announced with a wink and slung an arm around my shoulders, which I immediately shoved right off with a grunt.

I slapped my forehead in frustration and looked up at Sam who was looking down at the two of us.

“Sam, it’s okay, he’s just my friend who transferred into our school today. I’m helping him find his way around.” I explained, and Paul snorted beside me.

Sam sat down slowly across from us and eyed Paul a little suspiciously. “And how did you guys meet again?” 

“At Carl’s Cafe. Kayla here was just all over me, you should have seen it.” Paul smugly grinned at Sam, who was making a grossed out face.

“That doesn’t really sound like the Kay I know...” Sam retorted back a little bit angrily. “You’re making her sound like a slut.”

I was about to interject but Paul stepped on my foot hard under the table. 

“Ow!” I hissed, but neither of them paid me any attention. They were both too caught up in their ‘who-knows-Kayla-better contest.’

“I’m not too sure you know Kayla the way I do.” Paul said. “You don’t know everything.”

“And you do?” Sam barked. “I’ve been her best friend since forever, I’m pretty sure I know her better than you. And you’d be surprised about what I know about her.” He added smugly, probably referring to the whole shape-shifting thing. But that confused me a little bit, he said he hadn’t entirely believed it yet.

“I’m right here! Stop talking like I’m invisible, you guys are acting like immature fifth graders!” I exclaimed, but Sam merely waved me off. 

“That may be true,” Paul shrugged, “but we’ll see who ends up being the better man where Kayla’s concerned. I mean dude, seriously, are you sure you’re in the right grade?” 

“Are you sure?” Sam growled. “You look like you’re way too old to be in high school. Are you so ugly that no sensible girl your age is willing to date a clingy asshole like you?”

Paul bursted out laughing. “I’m the clingy asshole? Look in the mirror. Your only friend is a girl who you follow around like a pathetic puppy. At least I know other people willing to hang out with me.”

“That’s it!” I exploded, slamming my hands down on the table and standing up. “I can’t take it anymore! Sam, don’t listen to this asshole; and Paul, what the hell is your problem! You and I need to talk, right now.” I glared at his shocked expression and started stomping out of the cafeteria and into the empty hallway.