Chapter 11

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. COPYRIGHTED.

****LONG chapter for you guys!

Chapter 11

    You know how sometimes in movies, the main character usually faints or cries or does something really drastic when faced with a really huge plot-twister? Well, that was more or less the case for me as well when Elliot spilled the news to me at school. But in my defense, he should have known better than telling me something as huge as that in public. 

    “WHAT?” I yelled, my eyes widening as I jumped back from his arms on me. Elliot watched me silently as his arms slowly dropped back to his side. “That isn’t possible. You’re lying, you can’t be a shape-shifter!” I exclaimed, a little hysterical.

Elliot winced at my loud voice and glanced around quickly to make sure no one had noticed my little outburst and looked back at me pleadingly when he seemed satisfied no one had heard me.     

    “Please, can we talk about this in your car? I would offer mine but I rode my motorcycle to school today.” He explained. “We just need to discuss this in private where no one will hear any of this.”

My mind was still trying to understand what he had just told me, and frankly I wasn’t thinking straight. But when he had said we needed to talk about it somewhere where people wouldn’t overhear, it brought back some of my rationality.

    “Okay.” I agreed shakily, and took a deep breath while I led Elliot towards my 2004 Silver Honda Pilot, the whole way trying to hide my shaking hands from Elliot. How could this be happening? My whole life, I was alone with this my secret, and now all of a sudden Elliot sprung his own secret on me? It all felt so surreal.

In all of this hype, I had completely forgotten about Sam, and now it all came flooding back to me as I saw him make a beeline for Elliot and I. His eyes were lit up from some kind of emotion, and as he neared us I saw that the emotion was anger and hurt.

    “What’s going on Kay?” Sam asked me once he got close enough to speak out. He looked Elliot over before his eyes trained on me. He held my eyes with such strength and trust that I had to look away.

I’m pretty sure Sam noticed my aversion because he gave me a funny look before repeating his question to me.

    “Sam, I promise to fill you in later,” I began, ignoring the surprised look that caused from Elliot. “But right now Elliot and I have to...uhm, well I guess we have to go take care of something pretty important.” I finished, hoping that Sam understood what I was trying to imply.

It took Sam a couple seconds to catch on, and when he did I realized it was a mistake to tell him that. He immediately demanded to know everything that was happening, and when I told him I’d tell him later, he was far from satisfied.

    “No, Kay. If this is about-’’ Sam’s eyes flicked over to Elliot, and he squinted. “If this is about what you told me, then I need to know if you’re running off to danger without me.”

    “I promise you we’re not. All we’re going to do is talk.” I promised, for once being able to be completely truthful about those sort of things with Sam. 

Thankfully, my promise seemed to calm Sam down, and after a few more words exchanged between us, he hugged me goodbye and set off for next class. 

As Elliot and I sprinted over to my car and got inside, I saw Elliot trying to hold in his laugh and as soon as he tried explaining, I already knew what he planned to say and immediately cut him off.