chapter 13

(Chapter 13)

I was kind of excited, at the same time, not sure of what would happen. It would be either of the two. But, I have to do this.

I walk out of the door and shivered as the cold air hits my skin. I rub my hands in attempt to create a heat as I walk towards the park; it was the park that Patrick and I use to go to whenever we wanted time alone. It was very isolated, no people goes here, just passerby. As I arrive there, I sat near at the fountain. And, since Patrick won’t be coming here for at least a half hour, I had time of thinking to myself. Instead, I observed the playground; the slide was rusty and brown, the swings were nowhere to be seen, and the other equipments there were damaged and dangerous to use for children. No wonder why no one goes here. I said to myself.

I look at a nearby tree and something caught my attention. I got up and examined it. It was obviously the oldest tree there, and something was engraved in it.

Pat Love Aly FOREVER” I read out loud. I trace my finger in the letters, feeling my eyes well up with tears again.  I didn’t have to read it again to know who those persons were. It was Patrick and Alyssa. I never thought that it would feel like this whenever you see something that they made. An evidence of how they love each other. It made my curiosity even bigger. What if Patrick was never in love with me? What if it was just me, thinking that he loves me. Maybe, I was fooling myself with wishful thinking. I have seen this before, but I never really put any attention to it. I just didn’t want to think of anything when I was with him.

The sound of the bush, moving made me alert, I quickly grab for my flute, except, it was nowhere to be found. I remembered that I left it in my room, together with the bag that I should have brought here. Now, I feel weak and defenseless. How would I fight someone without any weapon? Just great!

It doesn’t matter. I’ll just use combat in this case. I stayed alert and guarded, observing anything that is dangerous to me. Slowly, I can make a silhouette of a man behind a tree, peeking through it while hiding his half.

“Who’s there?” I ask. I got no reply; instead, the man moved and showed himself in the clear moonlight.

“Romero” was all that I could muster up. I was surprise to see him here. I’ve never really seen him after that incident.

“Nice to see you princess.” He gracefully pronounced every word without removing his smirk.

“Why are you here?” I asked dully. I’m not in the mood to talk to him. He disgusts me.

“I just wanted…” He starts as he steps closer. I back away. “To talk.” I didn’t reply, I really don’t know what to say to him, and we don’t have anything to talk with.

“Come with me?” He offered his hands like a true gentleman. I look at it and back to his face. I surely don’t trust this guy.

(Patrick’s POV)

“Cheers!” We all yelled and downed our drink. This must’ve been my fifth cup, but, no worries – I don’t get drunk that easily, it will take a lot stronger alcohol to make me a drunkard. A hand found its way to curl in my arm. The smell was familiar, it belongs to Elisa. I smile down at her and let her pull me in the dance floor.