chapter 2

Chapter 2

(Sterl’s POV)

                “Please tell us if he is your boyfriend!” Vile ask me – again for how many time this past two weeks. I keep my mouth shut about this issue just because my cousin told me so. But not anymore, with this two keep on bugging me about my relationship with Carlo, especially Vanessa. I really thought she would avoid me for thinking that Carlo and I are together, but instead, she was eager on knowing and telling me that she will support us. Though I know it hurts her, I could see it in her eyes every time they ask me about our true relationship. So I decided to tell them, just them. Carlo would kill me if anyone else will know.

                “Alright…” I start as I sigh. “We’re not together alright? It’s just him. He wanted me to keep my mouth shut and let everyone guess what our relationship is. He’s my cousin.” I say and they slump their shoulder down as if expecting for a big answer. I grin and nudge at Vanessa.

                “At least, you know now that you have a chance. Just make him notice you” I say and a mild blush creeps into her neck till it reaches her face. She was about to protest when the bell signaling our first class is about to start rang. She glared at me but we started to walk towards our first class.

                As we enter our class, I see Romero with the name of Capulet – think about Juliet. But he keeps on insisting to be called Romero. I can still see the fading bruise in his left cheek. The bruise I gave him. I would always smirk at him every time we meet, and he would always give me a glare. But he knows well not to mess with me, unless he wants to get more bruises. Talking about our fight, I never got the chance to say thank you to our principal. I felt like what she did to Romero was not because of our fight but because of what he did. As we take our seat at the back, I can still see Romero giving me glares. I glared back at him but he didn’t look away.

                “What are you looking at JULIET?!” I snap. His eyes are annoying to stare at. He scowled at the nickname as everyone laughed. His face is fuming with rage but even before he could make a move, the teacher entered the room. I snorted but didn’t say anything taunting to him.

                “Standing up against Romero? Pretty brave of you Pearl.” Patrick whispers. I shrugged and gave him a smile. Him calling me Pearl in my whole existence here in this school – I got pretty used to it. Though I feel pity for Patrick, his girlfriend died in the day I entered this school. They say she was murdered, that explains why he was wearing those glasses.

                The class soon ended, doing the usual. Study, then lunch, then finds time to annoy Romero, study again, then hang out with friends, then go home. But as soon as Vile, Vanessa and I parted ways. I feel loneliness overcome me immediately; it was like darkness covering me. Being alone makes me reminisce my past, and Carlo is in football practice. I sigh but continued my pace. As soon as I reach the house, it even felt lonelier. I saw a note on the table and reach for it. It says that Karen she had to fly out of town for a business trip. I sigh and put it back at the table. I think of things to do to escape this feeling and memories rushing back at me.