chapter 4

Chapter 4

(Patrick’s POV)

            Sterl ran at me and tried to protect me from the knife that Capulet brought out. But I twisted him quickly just in time that the knife hits my side. It happened so fast that Sterl began to panic and Capulet ran off to somewhere else. The knife was sending so much pain, so I pulled it out from my side as blood slowly damps my cloth. Sterl started inspecting my wound and I let him; the most stupid thing I have done. I felt him stiffen at watching my slowly healing wounds. And my eyes widen at remembering that my wounds heal instantly after a few seconds. Damn! I wish that knife was silver; it would make the healing process slow.

            I keep shouting his name as he ran off towards the direction of his house, but decided not to follow him when he turns around the corner. I slump down the street as tears stream down my face. I was disappointed, and very depressed. I was thinking of what would happen if I tell Sterl about me being a werewolf, and I thought he would accept me. But aside from disappointment and depression, I also feel scared. Scared of the possibilities that Sterl would hate me for being different and being supernatural. But Sterl didn’t know about me being a werewolf, but he saw that my wounds heal in an instant. He would be curious and eventually know about the real me. Then he would surely be scared and would try to avoid me like a plague. I wouldn’t care if he would rant about me if he will know that I’m a werewolf. The government would protect us and won’t let anyone else know about us. I got up as my eyes swell from the fight and crying, but as I lifted myself up from seating, I see my father standing beside a tree with a stern look in his face. I bow my head; avoiding his gaze. He motioned for me to follow him and before I knew it, we were home already.

            I was expecting him to scold me or punish me but instead, he sent me up into my room to rest. I take my clothes off as I jump into the shower. I didn’t bother turning on the heater, I just let the cold water heat me. My body would usually shiver from the cold water hitting my back, but this time, I feel so numb that my body won’t respond to any of the things around me. Then, I get to my bed and lay down. I find it hard to sleep, knowing that Sterl thinks of me as a freak. It would be just two things; he would stay away from me, or be curious as to what I am. When that time comes, would I be ready to admit it to him, and him avoiding me forever? I hope not.

            It bothers me so much that Sterl thinks of me as a freak. I’m not surprise that I feel this way. He matters to me. He makes me forget about Alyssa. He gave me light and makes me laugh all the time I’m with him, he would make my day complete. I have realized it long time ago, I like Sterl more than a best friend should be liked.

(Sterl’s POV)

            Curiosity. That’s how I feel all night that I locked up myself in my room. I gave so much time thinking of Patrick. The way his wound healed so fast. It was supernatural. If he can do that, there should be more that he can do.

            “What is he?” I ask myself.

            “What?” Vanessa asks.