chapter 6

Chapter 6

(Sterl’s POV)

            Have you ever felt that feeling when the tension in the air is like a very, very dark aura surrounding you? And all you want to do is avoid it, yet, you can’t… That’s exactly how I feel right now. Patrick and K are sitting on my both sides and would squish me to death. Patrick would always growl in frustration when I would talk to K.

            K’s pretty fun to be with but whenever being around K is with Patrick, no, a very big no, it is like swimming in a sea and trying to avoid the waves, yet, you know you can’t. How on earth did I ever come up comparing the sea and my relationship with K and Patrick? I groan and bury my face in my hands.

            “What’s wrong Pearl?” Patrick asks and pats my back. I look at him and narrow my eyes.

            “You and K. That’s what is wrong. Why can’t you two be friends?” Patrick shrugs as if it’s nothing.

            “He’s a rogue. Rogues killed Alyssa. And I can’t kill rogues unless they cause chaos. And I can’t kill him because he’s done nothing wrong.” He finishes. I glare at the floor. I admit that it hurts me that until now, he still cares for Alyssa. I know they had something in the past and so I respect that. But, him, saying something that he wants to kill K. It was too much. Alyssa died because of the rogues, not because of K. He may be a rogue, but, he’s not like them. He’s kind and very protective. He’s different from all of them. I hated how Patrick thinks that all rogues are bad. I can’t help but feel bad for K. I owe my life to him. He saved me when his fellow rogues burned our house.

            “Patrick…” I start. I look up at him as he glances at me with worried eyes. “Not all rogues are bad.” He snorts and I cover his mouth before he could snicker something about all rogues are the same and bad.

            “That day, when our house burned… It wasn’t an accident. K’s fellow rogues did it, because my father refused to treat the wounds of a rogue that killed an Alpha’s mate. That rogue got mad and wanted revenge. He burned our house, killing my parents. But I survived. You know why? Because of K. He betrayed his family; those rogues. He destroyed their trust because he wants to save me. He wants to give gratitude and pay his debt to my father. But, in return, he has no one else now.” I remove my hands in his mouth. He stares at me and reaches out. That’s when I realize, I was crying. Patrick wipes the tears in my cheeks and kisses my forehead. I sniff as he hugs me. Cradling me like a child.

            “Please, don’t hate him. He’s different. I want you to be friends with him. Please?” I plead. He hugs me tighter and even if I can’t see him, because my face is buried in his chest, I can feel him nod. I grin and pull away from the hug, grinning like idiot. I wipe my tears and kiss him. It was just a small peck but Patrick was grinning too.

            Today is fun. Patrick and K get along now. Though, I can still see Patrick scowling sometimes when K jokes something to me. I would eye him and he would sigh. They are friends now, they would play and punch each other playfully, that made my day; seeing my friend and boyfriend get along with each other.